:( my camera is messed up? check these purple "marks" out...

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a 64GB white (verizon)

Today, when I was taking a picture of my white PS Vita, I noticed there were two purple "smears" kinda on the screen. I backed out, and the purple doesn't show on any screen, except when using the camera.

whitevita.jpg

What to do?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Could be a dirty lens... try blowing on the lens with a can of compressed air... or gently cleaning the lens with a micro fiber cloth to see if that helps.

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions.....
Snap ~ yeah, every picture, with any photo app.
Karen ~ I updated the pic and circled them.

Edit:
i cleaned the lens. didnt help, but I can actually see something inside the lens. :( I'll try and snap a pic of that.

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Well I don't see the updates picture but if it shows up in every picture regardless of lighting, then I'd agree that something might be up with the lens.

Prolly need to refresh, or clear the cache.

After looking at different angles, what I thought i was seeing as something in the lens, was just some reflecting light lol. So, I can't see what the heck is creating those purple splotches.

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks snap. I'll be near one Tuesday. That's what I'll do. Thanks for all the replies. I'll update the thread after I get them to look at it.

Sent from my i5 using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This is definitely one for the Genius bar... make an appointment to get it looked at/replaced and let is know how you make out...

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I will definitely do it. Thank you. I'll bring it on Tuesday... hopefully they can take it then. If not, I'll do the appointment thing. I appreciate the advice and all replies.

mjs416

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
You're probably taking the picture wrong.

Just like people who reported reception issues were told they are holding their phone wrong.

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
ok... home.

I went in, let them know my name, and appt time. The guy walking around with an iPad, took a second, "Mr. X, give me a few minutes and I'll get someone with you...". Really, I was about 10 minutes early, and within just a few minutes a gentleman came over where I was. He asked what kind of problems I was having and I explained the purple splotches, and show it to him with the active camera. He took the phone, and said he'd be right back. He cleaned the lens, which didn't solve the problem. He said they will replace the phone for me. I asked how long it would take, how many days till I get a replacement. He said, "three minutes tops". I was extremely appreciative of their "customer support".

Got the new phone, was setup and working just fine in a few minutes after he brought it out to me. I was there a total of fifteen minutes, and left with a brand new phone that doesn't have the same issue I had with the other brand new phone lol.

Huge thumbs up for the support in this thread, and a monster thumbs up for the customer service the provided today.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
ok... home.

I went in, let them know my name, and appt time. The guy walking around with an iPad, took a second, "Mr. X, give me a few minutes and I'll get someone with you...". Really, I was about 10 minutes early, and within just a few minutes a gentleman came over where I was. He asked what kind of problems I was having and I explained the purple splotches, and show it to him with the active camera. He took the phone, and said he'd be right back. He cleaned the lens, which didn't solve the problem. He said they will replace the phone for me. I asked how long it would take, how many days till I get a replacement. He said, "three minutes tops". I was extremely appreciative of their "customer support".

Got the new phone, was setup and working just fine in a few minutes after he brought it out to me. I was there a total of fifteen minutes, and left with a brand new phone that doesn't have the same issue I had with the other brand new phone lol.

Huge thumbs up for the support in this thread, and a monster thumbs up for the customer service the provided today.

Awesome outcome. Glad to hear that, once again, Apple's customer service excels... but to be totally honest. I expected this outcome, as it’s simply "how they roll". Thanks for the update, and enjoy your new iPhone!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR