• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

My brand new iPad 4 is asking for a password and not accepting the one I previously created.

I

iMore Question

I got interrupted finishing the set up of my brand new iPad 4. I set my Touch ID. Now, when I tried to finish up the set up, a couple days later, it's asking for my password. Saying I must enter my password, and can not use my Touch ID. What did I do unknowingly? I've tried every possible password but to no avail.

DelaCristea

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello and Welcome to iMore forums ! When you set up Touch ID , you need also to set up an 4-6 digit code if something is happening with your finger. Try to remember the 4-6 digit code that you have set , and the iPad will unlock.

*If you can't remember it , the iPad will be disabled, and you need to factory reset it , from the itunes , and after that will ask only your iCloud account.

Good luck !

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I got interrupted finishing the set up of my brand new iPad 4. I set my Touch ID. Now, when I tried to finish up the set up, a couple days later, it's asking for my password. Saying I must enter my password, and can not use my Touch ID. What did I do unknowingly? I've tried every possible password but to no avail.

Before you can even set up TouchID, you have to create a passcode. You cannot setup TouchID without it. Either recall the lock screen passcode or start over from scratch. What did you do "unknowingly"? I don't know, but you knowingly failed to recall the passcode "you" set prior to setting up TouchID.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guideontheside