My apps are stuck in waiting mode after an iCloud restore to a new device.

I

iMore Question

Hi, I just upgraded to an iphone 5s. I did set up from icloud, but it doesn't seem to be able to finish. Many of my aps, including gmail, skype, some games, etc. are stuck in 'waiting' mode. I can't open them. Syncing with itunes doesn't seem to work. How do I push this to finish setting up?

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I just upgraded to an iphone 5s. I did set up from icloud, but it doesn't seem to be able to finish. Many of my aps, including gmail, skype, some games, etc. are stuck in 'waiting' mode. I can't open them. Syncing with itunes doesn't seem to work. How do I push this to finish setting up?

Thanks!

Make sure you're connected to Wi-Fi, and then give it time to restore from iCloud. Your apps are not being restored, technically. Only the data and the location of the apps on the home screen. The apps themselves are being re-installed.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Depending on how many you are resorting/reinstalling takes some time. It's like a watched pot. Leave it alone and it should resolve itself.

SamBen

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi - I had the same problem and tried the following which worked for me:

I went to App Store , selected "My Purchases" and it gave me a list of everything I bought - for "Free" or "Paid ?'s for" - the entire list of Apps was there. Beside each one was a symbol. On mine it was either: an OPEN sign or a "Cloud Symbol with a downward pointing Arrow". All of those with "cloud" symbols were the ones that had "Waiting" labels beneath them on home screen. I clicked on each one individually & waited until symbol changed to a circle with a blue square inside & hey presto all were restored!! Hope this works as it was just a fluke on my part! Good Luck!!

Bugleboybobbaker

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
I had same issue, Easy Fix;
Press App Store- Select updates- then select Purchased apps- go down list off apps till you see any that are waiting to download, there should be a cloud with an arrow -press to restore. It's best to do one at a time and using Wi-Fi or full LTE. But if your feeling froggy press each one in a row. Repeat as necessary.
Good luck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro