My 4S stays dim after unlock

plt3121MarineAlways

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have an issue. Recently my 4s stays dim right after unlocking.

Nothing new has been done to it and this only started happening recently. Checked the auto brightness and that is off as its been. Any ideas?

fubaracing7374

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
It's happened to me on my iPhone 5. If you adjust the brightness then it goes back to where it should be. I don't know why this happens, seems like a software issue.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have an issue. Recently my 4s stays dim right after unlocking.

Nothing new has been done to it and this only started happening recently. Checked the auto brightness and that is off as its been. Any ideas?

I would try a reboot by holding down the Home and Power button until the Apple logo comes on. Once your phone turns back on then turn Auto Brightness on and see what happens. I have known this to happen to many who have cured the issue this way.

Last edited:

Bengalfan1

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
My 4S has done this a few times. I just relock the phone using the power button. Then when I unlock the phone again the brightness is usally fine after that. In settings I have auto-brightness on and my brightness level is between the "ht".

- - - Updated - - -

My 4S has done this a few times. I just relock the phone using the power button. Then when I unlock the phone again the brightness is usally fine after that. In settings I have auto-brightness on and my brightness level is between the "ht".

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Will try that Jaguar thanks.

It did just occur to me unless I missed it and everyone else did but are you upgraded to IOS6> not that it totally matters because some of my friends have had this happen to both 4S on 5.1.1 and IOS 6.

Now having said this 2 of my friends at work said this was going on with them and I did to theirs what I sugessted to you to try and they came back and worked all day. One frined just called me and told me his is still working fine now. Hope you tried and and it worked. Please let us know.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Agree with Keldog, it seems Auto-Brightness does not work properly iOs 6.

I don't think it is only on IOS 6 because of the comment I made already about multiple friends having this issue even on 5.1.1 until my suggestion which fixed all of theirs.

mossyoak

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Weird... I was just logging into fourms to post about this and this was the first in the feed. I just noticed mine doing it today and have had no luck on solving it. It will work for a little bit once it has been reset but then after awhile it goes back to being dim. Hopefully someone know a cure all for this :)

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I have the same issue once in a while with my ip5, I quickly press the power button and it goes away.. I'm sure it'll be fixed with 6.0.1

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It is not fixed. Still doing it. Tried all suggestions. It didn't do this on 5.1.1 only after 6 update. It's getting annoying as hell.

I know you don't want to here this because with the exception of the advice I gave you to try and hoped it would work I DO feel for you for this troublesome problem but just try and hang in there and see what happens when the next IOS update goes public. Lastly you do have the right to call Apple support you know which I don't remember seeing you say or post anything about. Have you or will you try that and see what Apple support has to say about it? Don't call your carrier as I have learned most of them are useless but Apple might have a solution and it won't cost you anything but a phone call. Best of luck and let us know what happens.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EldenRasco