Music not in order (Potenti Deal breaker)

racedog

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
I've had this iphone 14 pro max for 7 weeks now. I'm completely new having used Android for.over 10 years.usic is a big deal for me and I've.just found a huge.problem that could possibly be a deal breaker f9r me with Apple.

I have thousands of music files and while with most the.playback order isn't critical, but with a lot of the music it is. Broadway musicals, symphonies, some jazz and other things it is critical. With android.usimg Neutron, Poweramp or other players the music sorted out using the metadata #. I just realized that Neutron player on iphone doesn't use it and neither does native iphone music app. It just lays them down randomly and plays them back in whatever order they ended up when being moved over onto the iPhone.

A I missing something? How does music get sorted out for the playback order in IOS!

I've been incredibly happy with the 14 pro max and watch 8 ultra but this could determining with keeping this or going back to Android. I hope some here has some useful help on this.

Sorry for the typos, this keyboard is still new to me.

racedog

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Are you browsing your music on the apple app by album?

Yes, I've found that Apple uses the song title via alphabetical order to list the songs/music on an album or CD. Music metadata in the details section has one detail that is just listed as #. That is the number of the song/music order on the album. IOW, if the song metadata is listed as # 3, then that song, music, movement etc is supposed to be played third on the album and should be shown as third in the list of music on the album. Apple instead lists and plays music by song title and lists them alphabetically and plays them in that order.

Apple second tier support was of no help whatsoever, they had no clue about music and metadata and recording. I do, I'm a musician and do studio work a lot (will be in the studio tomorrow).

I know how to fix the issue myself even though it will be a massive amount of work, but, after cooling off a bit I've decided that going back to Android is not going to be an option and once I've got the fix done on my current files it will not be difficult to work around it in the future once I know to do it up front.

I'm still pixxed off but I'm not going back.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
What kind of computer do you have, a PC on Windows or a Mac?

On my devices, songs are ordered by the track number in the metadata.
It can be viewed in the Music app (macOS) or iTunes (Windows). Right-click on the song in the app's library, click on Get Info, and it should show up towards the bottom.

Specifically, I have these two fields that defined the disc order:
Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 22.29.10.png

racedog

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
What kind of computer do you have, a PC on Windows or a Mac?

On my devices, songs are ordered by the track number in the metadata.
It can be viewed in the Music app (macOS) or iTunes (Windows). Right-click on the song in the app's library, click on Get Info, and it should show up towards the bottom.

Specifically, I have these two fields that defined the disc order:
https://images.moimeme.ca/imore/459334/Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 22.29.10.png

I have PC. I have downloaded itunes on it but never opened it. For some reaeon both Apple Music and Neutron player are ignoring the track metadata. They are both listing the music alphabetically by title. I wonder if the third party app I bought (MobiMover) to move music between PC and phone is doing something to the metadata?

Thanks for the info I will do some investigating.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I've found that Apple uses the song title via alphabetical order to list the songs/music on an album or CD. Music metadata in the details section has one detail that is just listed as #. That is the number of the song/music order on the album. IOW, if the song metadata is listed as # 3, then that song, music, movement etc is supposed to be played third on the album and should be shown as third in the list of music on the album. Apple instead lists and plays music by song title and lists them alphabetically and plays them in that order.

Apple second tier support was of no help whatsoever, they had no clue about music and metadata and recording. I do, I'm a musician and do studio work a lot (will be in the studio tomorrow).

I know how to fix the issue myself even though it will be a massive amount of work, but, after cooling off a bit I've decided that going back to Android is not going to be an option and once I've got the fix done on my current files it will not be difficult to work around it in the future once I know to do it up front.

I'm still pixxed off but I'm not going back.

That’s some resolve.

Try this first, browse your music by album:
22b3d93effec973c47515c4c77a391ac.png

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Turns out that the problem is the third party app for pc that moves music to the phone. I tried itunes (my previous mortal enemy) and everything worked out.

So now I'll be moving over to the icloud forum in the next day or two with questions about that.

I'm so glad that you've figured it out! Onward! :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2