Music by the decade - My version...[emoji41]

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1960’s - The music of my parents

1970’s - My favorite because it’s the music of my teen years for the most part.

1980’s - I was buck wild during this time. I was partying like it was 1999, chasing skirts EVERYWHERE, and I now realize that there weren’t many times when I wasn’t driving under the influence of alcohol...(laughing). Music-wise, I was one of the people driving around making all that blankety-blank noise, like the old folks used to say.

1990’s - I was a husband and a dad so I had to settle down and get serious about life. Gangster rap was taking over and although some of it was pretty good, I found myself longing for the days when everyone actually sang.

2000’s - This was around the time I started asking my kids whose song was being played on the radio or who was onstage performing at the Grammys.......I was listening mostly to talk radio and losing touch with the music scene.

2010’s to present - I’m at the point where I’m questioning how the heck 90% of the music on the radio is even considered play worthy. I can’t understand what the heck they are saying and much of it is as if the artist got high on drugs, recorded some noise and then released it as a single. What the heck?!?

Anyway, share your journey!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1980's (Laughing)... what I do remember, sounds similar.

We're around the same age so I know you know what I'm talking about....:cool:....Heck, it's only by the grace of GOD that I'm still breathing...(laughing)

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Awesome share.

Driving under the influence Looking back to those days I wonder how I am still alive
Music began in late 80’s for me, so add 20 years to year list and it’s almost the same

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Awesome share.

Driving under the influence Looking back to those days I wonder how I am still alive
Music began in late 80’s for me, so add 20 years to year list and it’s almost the same

I hear that! It's safe to assume we all had a great time..:cool:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I am old. I was born in the very late 50's... so clearly, I have no real affiliation with music from the '50s except for my parent's deep affection for late '40s and early 50's music.

60's - Beatles... I fondly remember one of our babysitter's and her friends coming to our house to watch the Ed Sullivan show and screaming with them, although I had no idea why.

70's - High School... loved much of the 70's music, including the BeeGee's even though it was uncool to like disco.

80's - Post high school and college. As with many others here, lots of partying and good times. I find it curious that I can no longer STAND much of the music that I liked from the '80s

90's - love lots of music from the '90s. I got married, and my taste in music began to migrate to the music my husband loves... lots of Metal. James Taylor and Kenny Loggins no longer did it for me. :D

2000 on - It's hit or miss. I learned to love music from the past... Aerosmith, Led Zepplin, The Who, etc. I can't stand Pink Floyd... I know.. I'm a freak. I'm not into jazz, rap/hip hop, techno, etc. My tastes are eclectic. If I like something, I download it.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
1950s
This is where it all began for me. Elvis, Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, and more. I was 7 or 8 years old.

1960s
I became more and more a fan of Rock, with the Beatles, Santana, Jimi Hendrix, and all who performed at Woodstock. But I also enjoyed the pre 1968 Motown Sound of the Supremes, Gladys Knight, Martha Reeves, Jr Walker, The Temptations, etc, etc, etc. They kept my soul intact. This was my teen years up to 18.

1970s
My favorite decade for music. Mostly Rock, with Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Eagles, Heart, and many more. These were my college years where I majored in weed mostly. The music was great, my grades not so much. I did graduate, barely. At 66, I can't say I retained and used much of what I learned from my college courses, but I still listen to all the great music from this decade.

1980s
A bummer for Rock music. There were some good ones, but few and far between. Maybe I was too wrapped up in marriage, raising kids, and trying to make ends meet.

1990s
Grunge! I totally loved this stuff. It gave me hope that Rock would live on. These were my marriage and divorce years. I spent several years in this decade jamming with my sister's band. We were the ultimate garage band. This was a very experienced, talented group of musicians. Not sure why they let me sit in.

2000s and to the present
Not much music from this time period has thrilled me much. There's been a few artists and songs I like ok, but it's been nothing like the 70s. There are a few new Rock bands I'm listening to that I like a lot. So there's hope. This was when I retired, got hooked on iPhone, and worked on my marriage of 21 years.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro