Music as alert tone tweak

Nyan_Cat100

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
One more thing and I promise I'll leave you guys alone for a bit. :D

I read an article on the best Cydia tweaks on the weekend and there was one that allows you to select a track from your music and use it as your phone ringtone. Problem is I can't remember what it's called?

Does anyone know what it's called or have it?
If anyone can help me it would be most appreciated as its a feature I loved on my old bb and isn't in ios :(
Pls help me

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS with iMore Forums App!!

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You are not bothersome to us and we are glad to be of service whenever we can. Hopefully, someone with the answer to your question will assist you soon. Take care.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
U can create your own ringtones for your iPhone using ur favorite music ad it doesn't require u to be jailbroken to do it.

1. First get the song you want to make the ringtone from.
2. Open it with quicktime pro (or any other editor)
3. Cust out the section you want as the ringtone and save it as a new mp3.
4. Import it into iTunes
5. in iTunes go into
Preferences > Advanced > Importing

Set to Import using: AAC encoder 128Kbps

6. Right click on the file you want as a ringtone and select

Convert selection to AAC
Your file will now be converted to an AAC file. (appears in iTunes under your original file)

7. Right click on the new file, click on show in finder (or open folder on windows)
8. You will now see your AAC file, all you have to do now is change the file extension from .m4a to .m4r
9. Drag the file out of the folder to the desktop, then drop it back into itunes.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
If you want to create ringtones from just your music I'd use the tweak "Rinngo". If you want to be able to create them from any audio from any app on your device use AudioExplorer+. Both are available on Cydia. I prefer AudioExplorer+. Best of luck.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2