Multitasking with the iPhone 3GS

warrior321

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
"With the release of the iPhone 3GS, Apple demoed and promised a few features such as video recording and editing, voice control, faster Safari and more. They also stressed that this is the fastest and most powerful iPhone yet, as per their tagline for the 3GS. What Apple usually tends to hide is the actual specs sheet in terms of processor, RAM, graphics etc. But thanks to the internet and some curious minds and accidental hands (T-Mobile) it was revealed shortly after the release of the phone. In case you?ve been living under a rock for the past few weeks, it has been revealed that the iPhone 3GS boasts an ARM Cortex A8 600 MHz processor and PowerVR SGX graphics. It also has been upgraded to 256 MB of RAM from 128 MB on previous iPhones. I just got my unit yesterday (a bit late I know) and I have started to play around with it. Jailbreaking took about 5 minutes and so I entered the world of free apps and mods from Cydia. I decided to run some apps and games and push the 3GS?s processor to max out the memory. A video of the multitasking can be seen below."

YouTube - Multi tasking on the iPhone 3GS

You can see more details and a guide here