Multi-phoners?

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I think we’re still at a stage where mobile devices with folding screens can still be seen as exotic, but you may be right, we may need 3D projected holograms to really be there today.

It’s just a 2000 dollar android tablet that can fold when not in use .

Apologies but after 3 years of the same phone with the same folding design, it can no longer be called exotic. Bear in mind the fold 3 only sold around 200,000, which is pretty abysmal.

I wouldn’t call the iPhone pros exotic either just because they are the only phones with a stainless steel frame or feature a 3D facial biometric scanner.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It’s just a 2000 dollar android tablet that can fold when not in use .

Apologies but after 3 years of the same phone with the same folding design, it can no longer be called exotic. Bear in mind the fold 3 only sold around 200,000, which is pretty abysmal.

I wouldn’t call the iPhone pros exotic either just because they are the only phones with a stainless steel frame or feature a 3D facial biometric scanner.

In the time of covid i wished apple had a fingerprint scanner alternative but alas its my own dream.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Finally, after many years as a multi-os user, I sold my Android phone and decided to continue to simplify my life.

iPhone SE
2020 iPad Air
2020 MacBook Air

Now I just have to sell my Chromebook.

circatee

Feb 22, 2021
Visit site
Finally, after many years as a multi-os user, I sold my Android phone and decided to continue to simplify my life.

iPhone SE
2020 iPad Air
2020 MacBook Air

Now I just have to sell my Chromebook.

Nicely done. I did this, subconsciously, a few years ago. Who knew I would 'feel better' about mobiles in general...

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I still carry three phones. One is work issued so it doesn’t count as mine, really.

I used to carry dual BlaclBerries back in the day. Then one iPhone and one BlackBerry. Then one iPhone and one Android. Now it’s all iPhone. One of these days I’ll give up my second line.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Now I have two work phones (an S20FE and iPhone 13 PM) and two of my own iPhone 13 PMs. I was using one 13PM as my main phone and the other as my workout/adventure phone. I have an Apple Watch assigned to both. The issue I’ve run into is that if do a run or a ride using my workout duo I want it to quickly (5 minutes or less) sync with my iCloud account so I can quickly switch to my primary duo and vice versa (I want my fitness rings to sync up, that is). There are some iCloud gymnastics with this but it is doable. …mostly.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
While I’m not a multi-phone user, I am a multi-laptop user.

While I absolutely love my MacBook Pro, as an IT person, the USB-C to LAN adapter doesn’t always work as I need it to when programming switches/firewalls/pro av equipment. For that reason I also have a Dell Windows laptop with LAN port.

Plus, some manufacturers, like DataPath, don’t have Mac apps for programming.

I did try Windows in VMware / Parallels but the whole no-lan-port is an issue.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
An activated late model phone, cellular watch, and cold spare of some sort are all I need including the context of being an infrastructure manager. However, I do understand how people can have fun working with different devices.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
An activated late model phone, cellular watch, and cold spare of some sort are all I need including the context of being an infrastructure manager. However, I do understand how people can have fun working with different devices.

It’s all you need , just a full suite of the same ecosystems works fine.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I still carry three phones. One is work issued so it doesn’t count as mine, really.

I used to carry dual BlaclBerries back in the day. Then one iPhone and one BlackBerry. Then one iPhone and one Android. Now it’s all iPhone. One of these days I’ll give up my second line.

How’s the 1TB iPhone 14 pro max been ?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
While I’m not a multi-phone user, I am a multi-laptop user.

While I absolutely love my MacBook Pro, as an IT person, the USB-C to LAN adapter doesn’t always work as I need it to when programming switches/firewalls/pro av equipment. For that reason I also have a Dell Windows laptop with LAN port.

Plus, some manufacturers, like DataPath, don’t have Mac apps for programming.

I did try Windows in VMware / Parallels but the whole no-lan-port is an issue.

I have a similar feeling, but for different reasons.

I’m a Windows SysAdmin, so my tools are mostly only available on Windows. But for my personal stuff, I prefer my Mac for this simple reason: I usually don’t want to ICT at home. :)

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I really do like Android. A lot. …but iOS has just proven to work so well, again. I get why people are so dedicated.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner