MS Office for Mac

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It's $250 because Microsoft knows people will still buy it at that price. You can get it cheaper if you're a student or you receive a corporate discount through your employer. I have an Office 365 subscription that I got a few years back through school. It was five years for less than $100 from what I remember. Once my subscription is expired I'm going to try to switch to the iWork suite that comes free on recent Macs and iOS devices.

Malek Yamout

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
It's $250 because Microsoft knows people will still buy it at that price. You can get it cheaper if you're a student or you receive a corporate discount through your employer. I have an Office 365 subscription that I got a few years back through school. It was five years for less than $100 from what I remember. Once my subscription is expired I'm going to try to switch to the iWork suite that comes free on recent Macs and iOS devices.

Nevermind I found a YouTube video which shows me how to get it for free

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Why is it so expensive? It is 250$!!!! Is there any way to get it cheaper?

Because Microsoft invested a lot of time and energy in creating the application. I think people forgot how expensive applications can be. The race to the bottom thanks to iOS conditioned people to expect apps to be 99 cents.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It's always been expensive. I remember buying Office in the early 90s, on floppy (should have gotten CD, the install was killer), for several hundred dollars. Takes time and resources to create a suite as large as Office.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Because Microsoft invested a lot of time and energy in creating the application. I think people forgot how expensive applications can be. The race to the bottom thanks to iOS conditioned people to expect apps to be 99 cents.

Users of smartphones and tablets, in general, expect apps to be cheaper than they are for traditional computers.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft will keep charging high prices as long as consumers and corporations will keep paying for it. Office is the standard around the world despite efforts from other software makers, like Apple, trying to compete. This gives Microsoft a tremendous amount of price control.

by1333

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
So Funny/Ironic that I found this thread. I am currently installing Office on 2 newly purchased Macbook Airs at work.

angusmatheson

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
If you haven't tried Apple's Pages, give it a try. And of course Microsoft 365 has been super popular. It is a monthly subscription, so you always get the newest version. But it you used to buy a copy of office and keep it a long time you might end up paying more in the end.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Microsoft office 365 is about 10 or 11 dollars a month for a year subscription. If you go to the store and buy it outright it's $99.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
There are great prices on ebay and a couple of buyers have lifetime subscription. Should check them out. I buy a lot on ebay and the sellers I deal with are great. You should look at the seller's length of time and their feedback. No need to be paying full retail.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox