Moving SIM Contacts

rats13

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
My old Razr has most of its contacts on its SIM. Is it possible (and easy) to move the SIM to my new Iphone and extract the contacts?

Thanks

tuna

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Wherever you bought the phone, you should be able to take in your old phone and they can move transfer your contacts from the old sim card to the iPhone sim card.

The only way that I have seen to do it at home is with a Jailbroken iPhone, there are programs which will sync your contacts from the old sim to the phone. But, I would suggest taking it to the store. It's much easier.

If you'd like to jailbreak, go to the Jailbroken forums here at TiPb and read up on the guide they have.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
You can pull contacts off your iPhone SIM via the Settings -> Import SIM Contacts

If it's on a different SIM, like tuna said, you'll either need professional help, or a higher level skill set to get them over.

tuna

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
I thought there was a way to do it within the phone, but I couldn't remember. Now that I look, it was right in front of me the whole time... :)

rats13

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
OK I got it to work. I swapped the SIM from my RAZR and imported the contacts. The contacts need to be cleaned up a bit but it worked. I just needed to put the SIM in a couple of times till it was recognized by the iphone :D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW