Most underwhelming disappointing release ever

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Wow, even the presenters seemed liked they were faking their excitement this time.
The usual and predicable:
1. Better CPU "The most advanced apple has ever built" - As if anyone expected them to come out with a weaker less advanced CPU.

2. Gorgeous, stunning, amazing, beautiful, breathtaking, and bunch of other highly overused adjectives.

3. Better camera - of course.

Waterproof. Finally!
Dual SIM - Which only China gets the good version. eSIM?! Really?! I like the ability to swap my SIM card to a different phone whenever I want. Now, I will have to call my carrier and have them do it? Why do only the Chinese models get a true DUAL SIM?!

That's all folks!

Ohh yeah, I think this was the first time, they didn't show all the pricing. They only showed the starting at price. Might have something to do with the XS 512GB model being $1449 + TAX!!!! WTF?! The 256GB at $1249 + Tax. They were too embarrassed to show it with an audience that might have booed them.

Common Apple, I have been a loyal iPhone user for years, and I get the new model every year. But it is almost like you are begging people to buy a Samsung or other Galaxy phone.
Even a lousy fast charger you couldn't give us?

Stop obsessing over teeny bopper features like animojis and how about some real new cool technology.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow, even the presenters seemed liked they were faking their excitement this time.
1. Better CPU "The most advanced apple has ever built" - As if anyone expected them to come out with a weaker less advanced CPU.

2. Gorgeous, stunning, amazing, beautiful, breathtaking, and bunch of other highly overused adjectives.

Waterproof. Finally!
Dual SIM - Which only China gets the good version. eSIM?! Really?! I like the ability to swap my SIM card to a different phone whenever I want. Now, I will have to call my carrier and have them do it? Why do only the Chinese models get a true DUAL SIM?!

That's all folks!

Ohh yeah, I think this was the first time, they didn't show all the pricing. They only showed the starting at price. Might have something to do with the XS 512GB model being $1449 + TAX!!!! WTF?! The 256GB at $1249 + Tax. They were too embarrassed to show it with an audience that might have booed them.

Common Apple, I have been a loyal iPhone user for years, and I get the new model every year. But it is almost like you are begging people to buy a Samsung or other Galaxy phone.

Stop obsessing over teeny bopper features like animojis and how about some real new cool technology.

So don’t buy it.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I agree, this was as exciting as watching paint dry. A new collection of iPhones with specs that will appeal mostly to gamers, a new watch, but tablet users can go suck an egg, gotcha, Apple, and thanks for nothing.

Im kinda screwed because if I buy an iPad, I’m pretty sure that Apple will release a new iPad in 3 months. But I can’t wait 3 months because my existing iPad is basically an online book and not much else.
Im looking at Android tablets and the offerings are frankly depressing.

So again, I’m stuck doing everything on my phone except for reading.

I’m so sick of this marketing crap.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
With all the rumors flowing before the event it made it seem underwhelming but come on the line up is pretty powerful for an S cycle

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
For once I want to see Apple focus on productivity and business. So tired of the focus being geared towards the teeny bopper crowd. If this is gonna be the focus, have the event live after school so the target audience can at least watch it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Waterproof. Finally!

That's all folks!

I didn’t watch the keynote because I was at work, however, based on the iPhone models presented in addition to all of the leaks ahead of their introduction, I’m somewhat in agreement with you. I mean, how can we get excited about an introductory presentation when we already know everything about the products being presented?

Last edited:

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
More of the same, just higher priced.
I think this is where we currently are in the smartphone market. No big innovations, just incremental increases in power........and price. The market is flat.
Until something revolutionary comes around, I will just purchased used, less expensive devices (SE, 7, etc) waiting for more exciting times.

anon(6014961)

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Disappointing :(

I definitely will not be buying an iPhone XS or XS Max this year. I felt that the announcement was just a clone of last years iPhone X announcement and there really is not enough differences to warrant an “upgrade”, if you could even call it that.

Who’s upgrading and why?

Paul Ellis1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I’m really happy to see that my 1yo X doesn’t now feel really inferior next to this years latest release. I, for 1, really enjoyed this years unveiling

bigjoe7757

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I am ok with Apple’s release, I understand that Apple put out the best iPhones it could this year and that doesn’t always mean major upgrade or new features. I am though blown away by the crazy price increases and the fact that few people are talking about it.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Disappointing :(

I definitely will not be buying an iPhone XS or XS Max this year. I felt that the announcement was just a clone of last years iPhone X announcement and there really is not enough differences to warrant an “upgrade”, if you could even call it that.

Who’s upgrading and why?

Me.

Been wanting the 512GB for a long time.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
My friend who's a diehard Apple fan for the first time she didn't host her annual Apple event watch party due to fact that with all the rumors and leaks she felt there really wasn't anything major to celebrate. I have to agree with her it was meh which was what we were already expecting. The most exciting product for me was the Apple Watch Series 4 other then that give me the highlights in a video that's under 10 minutes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro