Most apps, including app store, disabled and unable to enable them

I

iMore Question

While I was using downloaded apps on my iphone 6, my app suddenly closed to home screen showing that almost everything, including itunes, appstore, safari, contacts, all downloaded apps, even my camera, were deleted. After shutting my phone down a couple of times, upgrading my iOS to 10.3.2, and a small freak out session, I came to the conclusion that my apps will not come back as magically as they disappeared. After a bit of research I realised that they had been disabled themselves in the restrictions in settings and I am unable to switch them back on. Does anybody else have this problem or do you know how to fix it? And if I did have to restart my phone to factory settings which I really don't want, will I have the same problem again?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Apps don't just disable themselves. From what I gather, it appears as if your iPhone was reset to its native state. If you've created a recent backup, simply restore that backup to your device.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Only certain apps can be disabled in Restrictions. If some are in Restrictions, you can use your passcode to enable them back.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtyvu