More on Apple TV Time Limits

Status
Not open for further replies.

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
mikec said this in the locked thread.

My question is will the 30+24 model work (30 days to view, 24 hours to complete after starting).
You seemed to have screwed up that 30 + 24 rule. It actually goes like this: "Hit Play, and you have 24 hours to finish it ? or play it as many times as you want."

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
Aside from the fact that I think that's exactly what Mike said (I see no substantive difference between your explanation or his), there's a reason the thread was locked.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I think Gruber linked to a story saying that if, within the 24hrs, you pause the movie, and the 24hrs expires, when you next go back you'll get a dialog that offers 2 choices: Delete and Finish Watching.

You can't cancel out, and if you reboot, the movie is deleted, but it is a beyond-24hr extension that looks supported (though currently unadvertised).

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
mikec said this in the locked thread.

You seemed to have screwed up that 30 + 24 rule. It actually goes like this: "Hit Play, and you have 24 hours to finish it — or play it as many times as you want."

There was no misunderstanding. What I said was correct (again, based on what Apple has posted).

Now, if you want to cut and paste from Apple's site, and add "watch it as many times as you want (within 24 hours)", that's fine.

The general premise still stands...once you start, you have to "begin finishing" within 24 hours. Now obviously, there may be some unadvertised features at work. If Gruber's comments are right, then it's not quite the same constraint, but basically has the same final outcome.

But hey, you know why Apple has the 30+24 rule? It's due to SOX, of course! :)

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
@mikec

Yep, that's what I thought. Other people can be right but when I say the same thing, I am then wrong.

Damn right I cut it from Apple's site... but your damn wrong that I added anything to the quote. That last bit is on their site... you moron. :cool:

You see, it goes like this - I'll type slowly so you can understand it.
Apple says you can rent a movie and you then have 30 days to start watching it.
Once you hit Play, you then have 24 hours to finish it ? or 24 hours to start it... as many times as you want.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
@mikec

Yep, that's what I thought. Other people can be right but when I say the same thing, I am then wrong.

Damn right I cut it from Apple's site... but your damn wrong that I added anything to the quote. That last bit is on their site... you moron. :cool:

You see, it goes like this - I'll type slowly so you can understand it.
Apple says you can rent a movie and you then have 30 days to start watching it.
Once you hit Play, you then have 24 hours to finish it — or 24 hours to start it... as many times as you want.

You said the same thing, with the pretext that I had said it incorrectly. That is not thing.

Moron? More insults from you. Tsk, tsk. My fragile ego cannot keep taking such abuse,..

This is such a non-issue. I said the sky was blue. You said the sky was blue BLUE blue.

You are just picking a fight. The only moron here is the vapid bonk paste dumpster that didn't teach you integrity, and I pity you.

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
Aside from the fact that I think that's exactly what Mike said (I see no substantive difference between your explanation or his), there's a reason the thread was locked.
The difference is that you say you have "24 hours to complete after starting".
I say "once you hit Play, you then have 24 hours to finish it ? or 24 hours to start it... as many times as you want."

They mean different things.

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
You said the same thing, with the pretext that I had said it incorrectly. That is not thing.

Moron? More insults from you. Tsk, tsk. My fragile ego cannot keep taking such abuse,..

This is such a non-issue. I said the sky was blue. You said the sky was blue BLUE blue.

You are just picking a fight. The only moron here is the vapid bonk paste dumpster that didn't teach you integrity, and I pity you.
If you can dish it out, so can I. Seems childish now doesn't it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73