More 2.2 oddities...

Frozen001

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
So the more I have been using my iphone since upgrading to 2.2 I have noticed some different behaviors.
1) Loss of AM/PM on lock screen (This seems to normal as I am not the only one who noticed this)
2) The phone now seems to be having trouble locating my position in areas it never seemed have a problem? Like when I am at work it cannot find my location when it used to not have any problems at all
3) 3G seems to override my home WiFi now, so much so that I have to disable 3G to reliable stay connected to my WiFi even though I am physically like 2 feet from my wireless router.
Any one else notice things like this??

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
When updating firmware sometimes it's best to start from scratch instead of restoring a old backup file to the new firmware. Just my opinion.

Frozen001

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
When updating firmware sometimes it's best to start from scratch instead of restoring a old backup file to the new firmware. Just my opinion.
I find this hard to believe that I would need a clean phone... I have 17 apps installed and the phone is linked to 3 e-mail accounts, and two calendars? I haven?t even put my music on it yet? I would hardly say I am taxing at all right now?

A friend of mine with an 3G iphone also has noticed some odd behavior also... His signal strength is all over the place now and bounces between 3G and EDGE when it used to be stable.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I find this hard to believe that I would need a clean phone... I have 17 apps installed and the phone is linked to 3 e-mail accounts, and two calendars? I haven?t even put my music on it yet? I would hardly say I am taxing at all right now?

A friend of mine with an 3G iphone also has noticed some odd behavior also... His signal strength is all over the place now and bounces between 3G and EDGE when it used to be stable.

I never said that was your problem. But you need to troubleshoot... but hey, I don't know anything. Good luck...

Dieters Watch

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site

you might be surprised what a fresh restore could do. like ash said, its all part of the troubleshooting process.

Frozen001

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
Ok so I did a restore... clean phone nothing on it... I am sitting next to my wireless router, and it still wants to connect to 3G rather than the router... it keeps swapping back and forth. Walked around the house and the same thing is happening...

Frozen001

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
you should check that it's getting a valid IP address
It has a valid IP address, so I am puzzled... Will have to play around with it more this afternoon... Maybe it is an issue with my router, but my laptop works OK with it, and prior to the upgrade it worked fine...so I don't know...

Frozen001

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
Well My WiFi is now working as it should, no idea why is started to work again. Maybe it was my router, who knows...

Anyway I noticed another odd problem. I was typing a text message last night, and noticed when I pressed the "E", it did not "pop up" like the rest... it typed the letter, but would not "pop-up" meaning get larger on the screen... It stayed like this until I created a new message...

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2