Monitor Recommendations?

iMassguy

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently using a 30" Dell W3000 LCD monitor. It gets the job done but I'd like something better to go along with my upcoming Mini purchase. The 27" Apple Thunderbolt would be great but a little out of my price range with this purchase. Any suggestions in the 27" range that will compliment my new computer?

One thing that I came across is a 21.5" Dell Widescreen panel monitor with with HD LED display.

Take your multimedia viewing experience to another level with the ST2220L full HD monitor with LED. This 21.5" widescreen display is an optimum choice for cinematic quality and makes watching movies, playing games and photo editing an amazing experience.
Cinematic picture quality with 1920x1080 full HD resolution and fast response time of 5ms
Energy-efficient performance and ENERGY STAR 5.0 compliance
Elegantly designed with a slim depth and stylish look
Easily connects to desktops, laptops and gaming consoles

It's on sale for $179.99. Soooo much cheaper than what they used to be and what I paid for the monitor that I'm looking at now!

Thanks!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I still don't understand why people are still hooked on the idea of buying a computer monitor...within the same range of price, you're looking at LCD and plasma TV's that offer more functionality and picture quality that is arguably competitive. For $250 i could have a small computer monitor with limited application, or a 32" LCD TV with the same capabilities as the computer monitor, more input functionality and my personal favorite, a larger visual area.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I still don't understand why people are still hooked on the idea of buying a computer monitor...within the same range of price, you're looking at LCD and plasma TV's that offer more functionality and picture quality that is arguably competitive. For $250 i could have a small computer monitor with limited application, or a 32" LCD TV with the same capabilities as the computer monitor, more input functionality and my personal favorite, a larger visual area.

Ah but what about refresh rate. How does a 2ms response time monitor compare to a 120hz TV? Personally I have the TV/Monitor presently. Not sure that's the best way to go but it's what I have until I can get an LCD.

iMassguy

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
After throughly looking over the Apple Store and planning my computer/iPad purchases (12 months no interest at Apple for a computer and 18 months no interest at Walmart for an iPad), I'm going to go with a 27" iMac. Besides having a good quality screen that has everything built in, it's also going to be a little better than the mini and have more connections. Now I'll just wait a few weeks to see if the current model will be updated.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Ah but what about refresh rate. How does a 2ms response time monitor compare to a 120hz TV? Personally I have the TV/Monitor presently. Not sure that's the best way to go but it's what I have until I can get an LCD.

There is certainly the refresh rate argument...but in my opinion, it comes down to a list of negligible numbers on paper. My wife has an iMac with a 27" display...it's beautiful, and when doing color correction post work or working within photoshop, the differences between that screen and the 32" plasma that is in the office are very noticeable.

But in that, how many people are going to be working on post production on their machine? 10%? 20%? For most consumers, spending the same for a nice plasma or LCD (maybe even LED) TV monitor and hooking it to their system is going to be better all around (size, quality, features). For the tiny market of people that would actually notice the color and quality differences in an outlet that is legitimate, they'll probably have the means to have both anyways.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods