moments section missing from search in iOS photos app

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
hi quick question please when you go to photos on iOS go to search what categories are you seeing here are you seeing options for people, places, categories etc. are you missing a section at the top of the search called "moments" I am I don't know where its gone it was there originally

Thanks

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Admittedly it's not easy to find. I found that it still does exist per Apple's Support page. I finally found it on my iPhone by opening the Photos App, then at the bottom, tap Search. You should see Moments listed at the top.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
That is puzzling. I just checked bo, to my iPhone and iPad. Here’s a screenshot of the view from my iPhone:
db0be67cf838b2a8d5e5e82ca1d77d0b.jpg

However, I am unable to find the moments view on my iPad.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
hi quick question please when you go to photos on iOS go to search what categories are you seeing here are you seeing options for people, places, categories etc. are you missing a section at the top of the search called "moments" I am I don't know where its gone it was there originally

Thanks

Are you running one of the latest iOS betas?

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
yeah im the same. it did show initially I know that for sure and it kept coming and going but now it stayed off haha. would it be based around certain criteria like certain areas or certain things perhaps

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
yeah im the same. it did show initially I know that for sure and it kept coming and going but now it stayed off haha. would it be based around certain criteria like certain areas or certain things perhaps

Get this. When I went to upload a photo from my camera roll from within a 3rd-party app, the Moments folder was listed therein along with the names of my other photo albums/folders. Yet, when I exit the app and then open the native Photos app, The Moment option is nowhere to be found...(Laughing)

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
thats weird haha. Must be a bug or glitch. Any other way to fix it is there a way to upload a photo from the camera app itself as I use iCloud photo library and they automatically get uploaded

Thanks

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It does sound like some sort of bug. Perhaps if we all submitted feedback to Apple, it might get their attention! [URL="https://www.apple.com/feedback/#mn_p]Click here to get to Apple's Photos feedback page[/URL].

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner