MMS Problems

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I originally had a jailbroken iPhone. Yesterday I ended up having to restore my phone completely in order to get the updated carrier file. Today I finally got the message from ATT that my MMS is activated. I've restarted my phone numerous times and I still get this problem.

When I go to send a MMS the bar goes almost the whole way, then it hangs on the last tenth and just stops. I get the "message send failure". I had a buddy of mine send me a pic and it just came through as a regular text message no pic included. Any ideas or thoughts?

bullitt3246

Sep 12, 2009
Visit site
I originally had a jailbroken iPhone. Yesterday I ended up having to restore my phone completely in order to get the updated carrier file. Today I finally got the message from ATT that my MMS is activated. I've restarted my phone numerous times and I still get this problem.

When I go to send a MMS the bar goes almost the whole way, then it hangs on the last tenth and just stops. I get the "message send failure". I had a buddy of mine send me a pic and it just came through as a regular text message no pic included. Any ideas or thoughts?

Is your itunes up to date? You running 3.1 firmware now?

myCelia

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site

Hi, new here. Same thing happens to me, but just with sending videos (haven't tried receiving them yet). It hangs near the end and then I get a message a minute later that it failed to send. Sending/receiving pics works fine for me though.

VagrantHarmonist

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Tethering

So i did the same thing as the OP to my phone (unjailbroke and restore) and everything is fine (hit or miss just like when I hacked it before but as previously stated prolly just a network issue....stoopid AT&T) but I still have a tethering option...I'm not complaining but I am confused...could someone explain? Thanx in advance :)

iphone4idiots

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
If you are sending and get the red exclamation point the issue is most likely AT&T. Call them (hit 611 on your iPhone) and ask them if your MMS opt-out code has been removed. AT&T had my 3G as a first generation iPhone and thus we blocking MMS. Once they corrected this my photos started sending immediately.

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm getting the 90% before failure issue on a 3GS that is JB running 3.01. MMS enabled and already ran the network reset as well as a reboot.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MayaMoss