MMS messages being split (not referring to 160 SMS)

xwera43#IM

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
MMS messages are being split into three parts - 1, Subject 2, Image/video and 3, MMS message text. I spoke to Apple support and the CSR was only familiar with his AT&T iPhone 4 which does not do this. His only thought was it being a VZW/CDMA issue. I have not called VZW yet but was wondering if anyone else is having the same issue - both sending & receiving.

TIA

X

Sent from my brain to my fingers

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what the issue is... but SMS is limited to 160 characters... MMS messages have no fixed size constraint... and as the OP stated, I'm on AT&T and have never seen that - so it does look like a VZW issue/constraint...

PumsMcGee

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
MMS messages are being split into three parts - 1, Subject 2, Image/video and 3, MMS message text.

Are your recipients receiving 3 separate messages? I use MMS to post images to my Facebook and Flickr accounts at the same time. If they're split up in transmission they all join up to post at the same time.

I've also sent MMS to my boyfriend and he has not mentioned that he gets split messages.

Are you talking about how it appears on your messages screen? They are split into three parts on mine, but I think that's just how iOS displays text/MMS messages.

xwera43#IM

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Would you be able to post a screenshot that shows what you are talking about?

Here's one message. See how it's in parts. They are received this way on my phone too which makes it so I cannot forward if need be unless I copy the text into a Notes, note temporarily & save the pict to my phone or copy the pict to the new MMS message creating a hassle to forward and read.

ae1e066e-5aef-057a.jpg

X

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
This is to me from me. I guess it does affect me. I put the entire message in the same message and pressed send.

e1863317.jpg

In case anyone is wondering, I was at our baseball stadium a few years ago setting up for an event very early in the morning. I walked around and took random pics. This is by far my best one. Looks better much bigger.

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
You're doing it wrong. You don't have to copy it to a note to forward the whole thing. Just pick "edit" then put a check next to the picture and message then select "forward".

xwera43#IM

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
You're doing it wrong. You don't have to copy it to a note to forward the whole thing. Just pick "edit" then put a check next to the picture and message then select "forward".

Thanks on the Edit/Forward tip. Still don't understand why there in separate bubbles. Again thanks for the forward tip. I'm on the phone with VZW now, waiting for the iPhone tech support department now. Will report of my findings.

X

Edit: That still creates a forward of the number of message separations, so one MMS still becomes 3 or more forwarded messages. :(

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
That's weird, I am not having that problem, my MMS sent and received are not split up, maybe its in your settings or something, seems odd

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure it's not supposed to show up like that. I think thats just how the iphone formats it on the iphone end. It's still one message, Just a neater layout.

xwera43#IM

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure it's not supposed to show up like that. I think thats just how the iphone formats it on the iphone end. It's still one message, Just a neater layout.

You may be correct. Spent over an hour with a VZW tech (said they have ONE iPhone 4 to test with for 200 techs). Her results were the same as a test she sent to her personal Droid X although she said it came through to her DX normal. She sent me a pict with text from her DX and the bubbles were still separated on my end.

Maybe Apple is just trying to make it look better, just not the normal MMS look I'm used to. Certainly not a deal breaker as I do like the phone.

Thanks for the input from all of you! :)

X

NOTE: Tested turning off Show Subject field, no difference (I think that's just for composing messages not receiving them).

anon4705193

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I just received a mms earlier and the photo and text were in two separate bubbles (no subject line) within the message. I agree that it may just be the formatting of mms on the iPhone end.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox