Missing keys.plist

Tittle123

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I have been trying to jail break my ipod touch 4th generation, software 6.1.3 with a tether. I have done a little research today and found it is all I can do for iOS 6.1.3, and have used redsn0w to attempt to jail break it. I go through mostly successfully until it (my ipod) begins to reboot. My Ipod freezes with a black screen, but the screen is definitely turned on, as it is emitting light. redsn0w is indicating that there is an error, that it is missing Keys.plist
I have followed a tutorial for installing a jailbreak on iOS 6.1.3 and it told me to use the firm ware for 6.0.1 to run the program on.
I have seen on solution to this problem, that relies on the apple device being totally turned off and involves running the jailbreak program again. This however doesn't work for me, as my ipod remains on, but not booted, and I get the same error if I attempt the process again.
Any help is appreciated.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I've seen similar suggestions using the 6.0 firmware.

But, I've never seen it working in person rather than YouTube. If you get the missing keys error, try using just play 6.0 firmware. If that doesn't work, your best bet is finding SHSH blobs you had from a prior build and working back to that iOS version.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, mulitasking had me using the wrong word. I believe it was "the" instead of "play."

redsn0w is looking for a file you won't have. That's where you're running into issues.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Did you try the 6.0 firmware?

Is the ipod new to you or have you had it? If you've had it, did you jailbreak other iOS versions?

Tittle123

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Alright thank you very much. I downloaded the firmware for 6.0 and went through the program and redsn0w has told me it's successfully jailbroken however tethered. I know I will not be able to have an untethered version but that does not bother me as I rarely let it die. Thank you so much again for the help.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods