Missing Find my Friends app icon, where can it be?

Rod Sprague

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Missing Find my Friends app icon

Just recently I downloaded iOS 9 for my iPhone 5S via iTunes. I had some connectivity problems so the download did not go well. After install there were some apps that did not work at all and a host of missing information. So I erased the iPhone and after 5 unsuccessful attempts to download the upgrade via the Apple iOS Update Database downloaded the .ipsw file for iOS 9 via a download manager. I successfully installed the new iOS but not until I discovered that my iPhone 5s is a GSM+CDMA model. After installing the upgrade I attempted to restore from a recent backup but the most recent backup seemed to be missing?? I eventually opted to set up as a new iPhone, giving it a new name and re entering all of my prefs, settings and purchases.
Everything was working perfectly until I noticed that the Find Friends app was missing. I was a little puzzled as this is now a core app along with Find my iPhone, none the less I thought I must have somehow missed installing it.
I synced the iPhone again with iTunes on my laptop noting that Find My Friends was marked in the App sidebar as "Installed." Note the difference in the title, not "Find Friends" but "Find My Friends." I did previously have the Find My Friends app installed on my iPhone 4 but did not instal it on my iPhone 5s.
So I subsequently installed the iOS 9.0.1, iOS 9.0.2 and today iOS 9.1 but still no Find Friends app on the iPhone. The oddest part is that when the iPhone is plugged in Find Friends is visible on one of the desktop screens in iTunes but not visible on the iPhone. A search on the phone only shows Find my iPhone. BUT if I go to the App Store and find the Find My Friends app it shows I can"Open" and when open is selected the app opens on my iPhone with my location and my list of followers. This would seem to indicate that iTunes is correct it is indeed "Installed" just not visible.
I have tried Restore and every other thing I can think of unless it is area specific (I'm in Indonesia) there seems to be no reason why this app would not be on my Phone.
I have aired this question on a number of other forums with no helpful replies so this is my last try. One web site suggested backing up my iPhone to iCloud, erasing and restoring it again from iCloud. However considering my slow internet connection I think that may take a long time. I have seen estimates of 1-4 hrs per Gb. I may just have to wait until iOS 10.:sarcastic:

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Missing Find my Friends app icon

Not sure. Hope someone can help. Check in settings-general- restrictions and make sure you dont have location services blocked. Try to toggle off restrictions and see if it shows up.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Missing Find my Friends app icon

Just recently I downloaded iOS 9 for my iPhone 5S via iTunes. I had some connectivity problems so the download did not go well. After install there were some apps that did not work at all and a host of missing information. So I erased the iPhone and after 5 unsuccessful attempts to download the upgrade via the Apple iOS Update Database downloaded the .ipsw file for iOS 9 via a download manager. I successfully installed the new iOS but not until I discovered that my iPhone 5s is a GSM+CDMA model. After installing the upgrade I attempted to restore from a recent backup but the most recent backup seemed to be missing?? I eventually opted to set up as a new iPhone, giving it a new name and re entering all of my prefs, settings and purchases.
Everything was working perfectly until I noticed that the Find Friends app was missing. I was a little puzzled as this is now a core app along with Find my iPhone, none the less I thought I must have somehow missed installing it.
I synced the iPhone again with iTunes on my laptop noting that Find My Friends was marked in the App sidebar as "Installed." Note the difference in the title, not "Find Friends" but "Find My Friends." I did previously have the Find My Friends app installed on my iPhone 4 but did not instal it on my iPhone 5s.
So I subsequently installed the iOS 9.0.1, iOS 9.0.2 and today iOS 9.1 but still no Find Friends app on the iPhone. The oddest part is that when the iPhone is plugged in Find Friends is visible on one of the desktop screens in iTunes but not visible on the iPhone. A search on the phone only shows Find my iPhone. BUT if I go to the App Store and find the Find My Friends app it shows I can"Open" and when open is selected the app opens on my iPhone with my location and my list of followers. This would seem to indicate that iTunes is correct it is indeed "Installed" just not visible.
I have tried Restore and every other thing I can think of unless it is area specific (I'm in Indonesia) there seems to be no reason why this app would not be on my Phone.
I have aired this question on a number of other forums with no helpful replies so this is my last try. One web site suggested backing up my iPhone to iCloud, erasing and restoring it again from iCloud. However considering my slow internet connection I think that may take a long time. I have seen estimates of 1-4 hrs per Gb. I may just have to wait until iOS 10.:sarcastic:

If the app is installed, try doing a search for it from spotlight?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77