Ming-Chi Kuo Conspiracy

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
It seems like every time I turn around “Apple Expert” Ming-Chi Kuo is releasing a new rumor. He’s nearly right 100% of the time from what I can tell. I am beginning to believe he either isn’t real or Apple intentionally leaks info to this guy. Or maybe I just like conspiracies? What do you think...is it an inside job and Apple is using him to intentionally spark interest?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Makes sense, but as “careful” as Apple is could it be that simple. Lots of people have friends inside Apple, no?

The majority of Apple’s supply chain is made up of third party suppliers. The vast majority of them are Asian.
It’s not Apple, it’s the companies that Apple does business with.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
There are leakers in all industries and my opinion it became a trend in the Auto industry a 100 years ago

100%
I don’t think Apple is an exception to that. Certain things are leaked for marketing purposes and others are leaked unintentionally. In the case of Ming-Chi Kuo, he doesn’t rely on leaks as much as he does supply chain data from Apple’s Asian suppliers. He’s incredibly accurate but definitely not right 100% of the time. Think about it. It’s not certain that Apple even knows everything about next year’s iPhones, and there have been stories of Apple making late cycle changes in production in years past. Nearly anything you read about next year’s models is nothing more than an educated guess at this point in time.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
100%
I don’t think Apple is an exception to that. Certain things are leaked for marketing purposes and others are leaked unintentionally. In the case of Ming-Chi Kuo, he doesn’t rely on leaks as much as he does supply chain data from Apple’s Asian suppliers. He’s incredibly accurate but definitely not right 100% of the time. Think about it. It’s not certain that Apple even knows everything about next year’s iPhones, and there have been stories of Apple making late cycle changes in production in years past. Nearly anything you read about next year’s models is nothing more than an educated guess at this point in time.

Especially when unforeseen problems arise internally and/or externally....

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
There are leakers in all industries and my opinion it became a trend in the Auto industry a 100 years ago

Very true and I always take any Apple leaks with a grain of salt. They are a very tight lipped company and they take any unauthorized hardware or software leaks seriously. As a business person myself, I can relate to that a 100%.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Al and Rob, I'm going to need you two to stop by my office before you leave today. We've had a couple "developments" come up. Just leave everything on your desks and offices. No need to take anything with you.

Thanks.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
Al and Rob, I'm going to need you two to stop by my office before you leave today. We've had a couple "developments" come up. Just leave everything on your desks and offices. No need to take anything with you.

Thanks.

“Hey Siri, which way to Lee_Bo’s office?”

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
When I worked in sales , I was always taught: “create a desire” in potential customers. So, for Apple to hire professional leakers would absolutely not surprise me in the least. Why fight leaks when you can control them and use them to your own advantage?
Apple knows this, that’s why they’ve hired all the people who managed to hack their products instead of just pressing charges.
Hiring leakers is a good way of controlling what you want the public to know about your upcoming release, IMO.