Migrating from Android to iOS what should i know?

Orlan2

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello to everyone

First of all I?m not sure if this might be the correct forum section if not please move it to the correct one.

Second of all I?ll be more than glad if could get some help, I?ve come here to clear my doubts, I?ve been thinking recently in migrating to iOS, I?m an Android user, I would like to know benefits or reasons on why to change to iOS, since I haven?t used and iPhone in a long time I bet there is a lot of changes I might not be aware of, also there should be plenty of ex android user here as well that might be able to illustrate really good the pros and cons of changing to an iPhone, take in mind first that my actually phone is a Sony Xperia Z1.

And third, Thank you all for you cooperation :D

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I use both platforms. I've got an iPhone 6 and a Note 4. Also a Lumia 1520 by the way. I guess the first question is how do you use your device? Stock? Do you like to customise? Do you like full integration across devices for your media? Are you more interested in the overall experience or in specs?
If I had to have only one device it would be my iPhone 6. Overall experience, customer support, dependability, fluidity can't be beat.

Orlan2

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I use both platforms. I've got an iPhone 6 and a Note 4. Also a Lumia 1520 by the way. I guess the first question is how do you use your device? Stock? Do you like to customise? Do you like full integration across devices for your media? Are you more interested in the overall experience or in specs?
If I had to have only one device it would be my iPhone 6. Overall experience, customer support, dependability, fluidity can't be beat.

Well, I want a fluid phone(mine is really fluid but not as smooth as the iPhone), I like to customize, but it’s not like I do a lot of it, I certainly do use widgets a lot, camera and battery life is really important to me, I use a lot of social networks, but it seems that my top 3 would be screen, camera and battery life.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, I want a fluid phone(mine is really fluid but not as smooth as the iPhone), I like to customize, but it?s not like I do a lot of it, I certainly do use widgets a lot, camera and battery life is really important to me, I use a lot of social networks, but it seems that my top 3 would be screen, camera and battery life.

I use an iPhone 6 Plus and a Galaxy S5 and if your top 3 are screen, camera and battery definitely go with the iPhone. Most high end android phones have a good screen and great battery life but when it comes to camera, the pics never look as good as my iPhone. When looked at by themselves, the pics are great but side by side, not so much.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

You have the best 3 phones of 2014 in my opinion. The only one I didn't own was the Lumia 1520 and I was kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on it. I said I wasn't going to switch smartphones for the rest of the year. But if Microsoft updates the 1520 this year, I may have to pick it up. I think the screen size is perfect for a phablet.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
You have the best 3 phones of 2014 in my opinion. The only one I didn't own was the Lumia 1520 and I was kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on it. I said I wasn't going to switch smartphones for the rest of the year. But if Microsoft updates the 1520 this year, I may have to pick it up. I think the screen size is perfect for a phablet.

Thank you. Yes. Those three devices are amazing.
The Lumia 1520 has A LOT of potential.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Orlan2

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I use an iPhone 6 Plus and a Galaxy S5 and if your top 3 are screen, camera and battery definitely go with the iPhone. Most high end android phones have a good screen and great battery life but when it comes to camera, the pics never look as good as my iPhone. When looked at by themselves, the pics are great but side by side, not so much.

I've heard some really good things about the iPhone 6 battery, i'm not so sure about the screen since i'm in a 5" 1080P with 441PPI vs iPhone's 4'7" 720P 326PPI, the camera is a whole other topic, even though i have 20MP the algorithms that Sony uses messes the pictures most of the times, but the phone is way more comfortable in the hand than my actual phone and that something i want as well.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I've got a Lumia 1520 which has a fantastic camera. However the software is not as user friendly. Therefore I find the iPhone to be more enjoyable. And I love the pictures.
As far as screen size, that's not a matter of opinion, it's a fact that you can either accept or decide that it's not acceptable.
Battery wise my iPhone 6 is comparable to my Note 4. I easily get a full work day.

Nakia Johnson1

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I've got a Lumia 1520 which has a fantastic camera. However the software is not as user friendly. Therefore I find the iPhone to be more enjoyable. And I love the pictures.
As far as screen size, that's not a matter of opinion, it's a fact that you can either accept or decide that it's not acceptable.
Battery wise my iPhone 6 is comparable to my Note 4. I easily get a full work day.

I have the 1520 and the 920, very good cameras.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I've heard some really good things about the iPhone 6 battery, i'm not so sure about the screen since i'm in a 5" 1080P with 441PPI vs iPhone's 4'7" 720P 326PPI, the camera is a whole other topic, even though i have 20MP the algorithms that Sony uses messes the pictures most of the times, but the phone is way more comfortable in the hand than my actual phone and that something i want as well.

You've heard really good things about the iPhone 6 Plus battery...the iPhone 6 battery is average at best.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I have the 6 Plus but my son has the 6 and the screen is amazing and the camera is top notch. I'm not familiar with the battery life on it but if it's anything close to the 6 Plus, you'll definitely love it!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Aren't we all lucky to have smartphones? I was discussing this with my son, and I asked him if he remembered the days of no smartphones or cell phones, when we drove around looking for a pay phone. There's so many really nice smartphones now. But I like my iPhone best.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Orlan2

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
thanks to all for the advice's, i'm going to have them in mind, but i think i will have the best of both worlds and end up having both platforms, anyways i needed a secondary phone :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner