Migrate from Google Calendar To ICloud

racedog

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
I’ve committed from moving from the Android ecosystem to Apple’s. It was easy to move my contact from Google to iCloud as all I had to do was export a VCF file out of my Google contacts and import that file into iCloud. Migrating my calendar from Google to iCloud is turning out to be another story.

Short of writing everything down and then entering it all into the Apple calendar I’m not finding an easy way of doing this. Does anyone know of some method, possible an app that can accomplish this?

And yes, despite what you may think from previous threads I AM committed to staying with the iPhone and maybe even slowly moving more into the Apple sphere as laptops, desktops and tablets need replacing!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings → Mail → Accounts

Select “Add Account” → “Google” and then enter your Google credentials. When the process is complete, make sure the “calendars” option is enabled.

Go to the native Calendar app to see your Google events.

Or

You can login to your Google account via a web browser and then export your calendar(s) to the iCal format and then import it into iCloud.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Go to Settings → Mail → Accounts

Select “Add Account” → “Google” and then enter your Google credentials. When the process is complete, make sure the “calendars” option is enabled.

Go to the native Calendar app to see your Google events.

Exactly what I did when I came over from Android many years ago.

racedog

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Ok, thanks for the help but my point is that I want to get off the Google ecosystem, not to just use it with my iPhone (or any new Apple devices that I migrate to).

I was able to export a vcf file from Google and import it into iCloud contacts. But Calendar was a major problem, I could export a file from Google Contacts but could find no way to import them into iCloud. Then, this morning I had a major “DUH” moment. I used to have a pretty full schedule but since about March (COVID) that has cleared out so there wasn’t all that much going forward. I just went through and copied my upcoming schedule that is still there and put them into Apple’s Calendar on my phone. It didn’t really take all that long and it worked.

I am now Google free and officially tied into the Apple ecosystem.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro