Microsoft's SwiftKey iPhone keyboard is going away

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
The TypeFinity app I've discussed here, Google, and I think one I found in searching was Bull Key or similar. I recall lists with more but the matter for me was trust and privacy.

I don't think gboard has a dedicated number row. Unless they've added it.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Looks like another round of layoffs at Microsoft.

5b6658c35eaf54e21ac5bd3d35a27f5a.jpg

This might be a reason why. Contracting pc market except for apple.
6b960a21496fb702b0e4c445313c4939.jpg

Last edited:

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Head of microsoft hardware and devices is leaving the company.

Bet the first thing he does is get an iPhone ….. then an Apple Watch, an iPad, and some AirPods .

d4f3792cca92106a2b7d8c83a596ecbf.png

3eb17b6ef8daad36595c28fa96eb0ad6.png

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Turns out it wasn’t a planned retirement, I thought it was strange to quit just before a product launch. Looks like he was fired.

5696dabb05dca5d299f7e5ba8a6b97fd.png

No matter how you slice it, this does not bode well for Microsoft’s surface line of tablets. Subsidizing a failing product can only last so long.
5706c4b4e8ac8c497e7939bb43b6a91f.jpg

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
How bad are the surface and windows licensing selling to fire him a couple of days before their surface event. In additional to the layoffs mentioned above to the consumer division and now this. Looks like Microsoft might be getting out of the consumer hardware segment.

5fdeac3b153ce00ad82cb25976bfe221.png

“Windows licensing and the unit's hardware underperformed relative to the company's financial projections, insiders say, and Microsoft responded by dramatically scaling back Panay's division.”

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
How bad are the surface and windows licensing selling to fire him a couple of days before their surface event. In additional to the layoffs mentioned above to the consumer division and now this. Looks like Microsoft might be getting out of the consumer hardware segment.

5fdeac3b153ce00ad82cb25976bfe221.png

“Windows licensing and the unit's hardware underperformed relative to the company's financial projections, insiders say, and Microsoft responded by dramatically scaling back Panay's division.”
This was really about Swiftkey where it looks like the recent updates fixed what I think was an IOS 17 quirk.

At work we still buy the Surface line but our child who works for a MAJOR consumer retailer seconds what I see in enterprise and finance news - we're in a far more mobile world. Our small (not quite 1000 people) enterprise has more mobile - tablets and phones - in management than personal computers now.

For the posts on row of numbers, I confess I've used Swiftkey more than the excellent Typefinity side Swiftkey support came back. For technical "writing" (typing) Typefinity is fantastic. For the lots of messages and notes I do for work Swiftkey seems to beat all I try for being fast and accurate. Typefinity is interesting in terms of security.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
This was really about Swiftkey where it looks like the recent updates fixed what I think was an IOS 17 quirk.

At work we still buy the Surface line but our child who works for a MAJOR consumer retailer seconds what I see in enterprise and finance news - we're in a far more mobile world. Our small (not quite 1000 people) enterprise has more mobile - tablets and phones - in management than personal computers now.

For the posts on row of numbers, I confess I've used Swiftkey more than the excellent Typefinity side Swiftkey support came back. For technical "writing" (typing) Typefinity is fantastic. For the lots of messages and notes I do for work Swiftkey seems to beat all I try for being fast and accurate. Typefinity is interesting in terms of security.

It’s a good thing the update to ios or the app fixed the quirks.

Would you not characterize the surface tablet as mobile? It is a tablet

Indeed not only the enterprise and finance market, but the whole world is moving more to mobile (specifically iPads and iPhones) over more conventional Microsoft based systems.

Ballmer really screwed the pooch with windows mobile and now Nadella seems to be moving away from consumer based hardware, with the recent reported layoffs across Microsoft’s consumer division mentioned above and now panos’s sudden departure as head of Microsoft’s consumer hardware days before the surface event, this is not entirely surprising.

With no new surface tablets announced this year and nadellas penchance for services over hardware perhaps your enterprise has to look elsewhere moving forward.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
It’s a good thing the update to ios or the app fixed the quirks.

Would you not characterize the surface tablet as mobile? It is a tablet

Indeed not only the enterprise and finance market, but the whole world is moving more to mobile (specifically iPads and iPhones) over more conventional Microsoft based systems.

Ballmer really screwed the pooch with windows mobile and now Nadella seems to be moving away from consumer based hardware, with the recent reported layoffs across Microsoft’s consumer division mentioned above and now panos’s sudden departure as head of Microsoft’s consumer hardware days before the surface event, this is not entirely surprising.

With no new surface tablets announced this year and nadellas penchance for services over hardware perhaps your enterprise has to look elsewhere moving forward.
Original format Surfaces are general purpose Windows computers in an alternative physical format. The only staff who still prefer them are HR for the somewhat specialized need of occasional tablet style use for training or impromptu presentation. They all have docks and use them same as the PCs deployed.

iPads are our long-running most popular and units deployed now only matched by Android devices because of a particular vendor solution. None of the Android terminals are conventional use tablets. They are warehousing scanners and customer loyalty terminals.

Basic iPads are very hard to beat.

I try to avoid the speculate on the armchair director sorts of things or long or recently gone execs. We try to buy good stuff and get a good life span out of it. Fanboy and tribal stuff doesn't work well because the enterprise needs a number of platforms and we have to make it work.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Original format Surfaces are general purpose Windows computers in an alternative physical format. The only staff who still prefer them are HR for the somewhat specialized need of occasional tablet style use for training or impromptu presentation. They all have docks and use them same as the PCs deployed.

iPads are our long-running most popular and units deployed now only matched by Android devices because of a particular vendor solution. None of the Android terminals are conventional use tablets. They are warehousing scanners and customer loyalty terminals.

Basic iPads are very hard to beat.

I try to avoid the speculate on the armchair director sorts of things or long or recently gone execs. We try to buy good stuff and get a good life span out of it. Fanboy and tribal stuff doesn't work well because the enterprise needs a number of platforms and we have to make it work.

Thank you for the clarification, much appreciated.

There is no tribalism or fanboyism in finance, only numbers on the balance sheet. Those numbers dictate the future.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner