• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Microsoft just announced this AI laptop feature that Apple should bring to Macs

naddy69

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
Apple can bring this to Macs, as long as it can be turned off. I have absolutely NO desire to have everything I do logged, recorded and searchable.

What could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes:

And this is a particularly horrible idea on Windows. It will be yet another attack vector for ransomware.

simonmann

May 20, 2023
Visit site
Apple can bring this to Macs, as long as it can be turned off. I have absolutely NO desire to have everything I do logged, recorded and searchable.

What could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes:

And this is a particularly horrible idea on Windows. It will be yet another attack vector for ransomware.
Relax, it'll be encrypted. Just like it will on macOS and iOS/PadOS.

naddy69

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
"Relax, it'll be encrypted. Just like it will on macOS and iOS/PadOS."

Uh huh. Sure. :rolleyes:

Does not matter. I want to be able to turn this junk off. Completely. In fact, it should come already disabled. You have to manually turn it on. Otherwise it will be a huge waste of CPU and storage.

So-called "AI" does not interest me at all. To me, this all just reeks of the 1984 Apple "Big Brother" commercial. Actually watching/recording everything you do.

Why does anyone think this is a good idea?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poplolzz