Mic not working; but only with Siri and texting

tikchowdhurry

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
My mic doesn’t register my voice with hey Siri and in texting. If I screen it’ll pick up nothing or gibberish. It works with the front and back video recording and voice memos. I did a hard reset and then an ‘all settings’ reset. It was working a couple of weeks ago. No history of trauma. Been on latest iOS since it came out. No water damage.
Any ideas?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You did not state whether or not you’ve enabled the “Listen for Hey Siri” option.

tikchowdhurry

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I did. As I indicated everything was working up till a couple of weeks ago so everyone can assume all setting were correct. However, during troubleshooting, I toggled off/on all applicable settings: enable dictation, listen for hey Siri, Siri language English, etc.. I think I’ve tried everything. But maybe not.

Now, additionally, after the reset all settings, I can set up Siri (can’t turn on listen for hey Siri) cause it can’t hear my voice. Voice memo recording works fine. Back video recording starts with a hiss and then muffled and then clear voice. But after voice memo it records fine immediately. Front vid recording is muffled then clear.

Any ideas? If it were hardware it wouldn’t work at all correct?