Meta says Apple is 'undercutting' developers with its new App Store rules

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
In this case,I feel that 30% of a fee charged for a very dubious bit of “social engineering” if not particularly ethical,is a deserved toll upon the greedy.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
For those not aware, Facebook-Meta has been in an App Store fight with Apple going back to 2019. Rene Ritchie has a great video explaining it. Facebook wanted data, Apple kept rejecting based on data boundaries. It went down hill every year afterwards.

Facebook has loathed Apple for at least 3 years. But that war is largely over, Apple won, Facebook lost. The latest Facebook grousing is at least partially coordinated with Epic, Spotify, Telegram (the companies who are altruistically motivated, I’m sure :)). But the fight is shifting a bit. The App Store is unscathed. The idea of another App Store could become a growing concern to unsaddle them from the Apple App Store is kinda comical, it was always a bit laughable. but the in app purchase fees fight can be won, they believe. Maybe they are right.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
For those not aware, Facebook-Meta has been in an App Store fight with Apple going back to 2019. Rene Ritchie has a great video explaining it. Facebook wanted data, Apple kept rejecting based on data boundaries. It went down hill every year afterwards.

Facebook has loathed Apple for at least 3 years. But that war is largely over, Apple won, Facebook lost. The latest Facebook grousing is at least partially coordinated with Epic, Spotify, Telegram (the companies who are altruistically motivated, I’m sure :)). But the fight is shifting a bit. The App Store is unscathed. The idea of another App Store could become a growing concern to unsaddle them from the Apple App Store is kinda comical, it was always a bit laughable. but the in app purchase fees fight can be won, they believe. Maybe they are right.

Grousing is the perfect description of Meta's behavior.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox