Messenger-icon disappeared from facebook iOS app

xristosksd

May 17, 2017
Visit site
OP, are you in a country where Facebook Messenger might be blocked?

I have the same problem and messenger isnt blocked in my country, i was updating messenger and i accidentally clicked the messenger icon and it then disappeared

Last edited by a moderator:

whitneydev

Jun 16, 2017
Visit site
: Messenger-icon disappeared

No, not that I can think of. The thing is, I can still use messenger, but I have to get out of the facebook app and then open messenger from the homescreen. Before, I could just press the messenger icon on facebook to open it. But now, as it somehow has disappeared, I cannot do that anymore. Of course, it's not a very big deal, but I find it a bit weird and very annoying that I can't figure it out.

My messenger app on disappeared in iPad. Still visable on iPhone! I've installed and uninstalled both Facebook and messenger apps. No luck!

ThirdieMD

Feb 21, 2018
Visit site
The messenger icon in the Facebook app, which is supposed to be placed all the way to the bottom of the screen (next to friend requests and notifications) just disappeared suddenly. How can I get it back? Btw I have no idea how to add a picture to the thread.

SOLUTION SPOTTED...I just had the similar problem. I just figured out the solution. And it is very easy, no techy brain needed. Lol. I think your device date and time have been reseted...just set it to the current time and date. Then close the app. Turn off iPad. Then turn it on. The check if it’s there. Thank me later

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
The messenger icon is now on the upper right of the Facebook app, just below the battery indicator.
20ff828d0985d1b6d34a1ef46435b872.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods