Merged Calls (Conference Call)

Sugrat

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I must be dumb because I can't see anyway of taking my phone out of conference mode when i want to talk to one of the parties privately?

How do I switch back to one person after a conference and place the other on hold? I can't see anything options on my screen??

I have the Verizon 4s.

Thanks in advance!

DZD

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I must be dumb because I can't see anyway of taking my phone out of conference mode when i want to talk to one of the parties privately?

How do I switch back to one person after a conference and place the other on hold? I can't see anything options on my screen??

I have the Verizon 4s.

Thanks in advance!

It's actually pretty easy - on the top of the screen where it shows merged call - there is an arrow to the right - click on it and it will slide to the right and show you all the callers on the conf call with options to talk to either party privately and/or to drop a caller. When you are talking to them privately, you will then have the option to merge again.

Reactions: Sugrat
B

bonesb

Um, neither of these guys know what they're writing about, being on ATTWS doesn't help them much, but they've also not read the iPhone manual.... BTW, RTFM.

What you're wanting is a limitation of CDMA networks, including the iOS devices tied to them.

BTW, I use iPhones on both networks, and see pages 42-43 of the manual. GSM-based devices have a whole different set of call-related parameters when compared to CDMA-based devices.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Um, neither of these guys know what they're writing about, being on ATTWS doesn't help them much, but they've also not read the iPhone manual.... BTW, RTFM.

What you're wanting is a limitation of CDMA networks, including the iOS devices tied to them.

BTW, I use iPhones on both networks, and see pages 42-43 of the manual. GSM-based devices have a whole different set of call-related parameters when compared to CDMA-based devices.

Which is why I said "unless this is just on AT&T devices"

B

bonesb

Which is why I said "unless this is just on AT&T devices"

And the OP did offer that device he's using is a VZW device, right? Your cover isn't good enough, IMO, since it's a GSM-related feature, not an ATTWS device feature. VZW cell phones have never been capable of what he's looking for. Helpful advice is only helpful if you know what your talking about - RTFM.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Guys, let's relax. Cleveland was offering helpful advice based on his own experience--obviously not every AT&T customer will be intimately familiar with the differences in Verizon devices but that doesn't mean we can't try to help each other troubleshoot issues.

If you know from reading the manual that a Verizon device can't do what the OP needs, that's great--question answered! No need to berate people for trying to help; that's often how we end up learning more anyway.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I was pretty sure you couldn't do what he was asking but that's why I said that's probably just on AT&T devices

AND

Massie is right ... Chill, before you start to berate me or any other forum member we are all here to help each other.. If I had a 10 post history I can understand ... Been here almost 2 years and close to 1000 posts ... Have some respect

B

bonesb

Aww, isn't that nice? A pat for being incorrect...

I'm not angry, so I'm not berating anyone - I was being snarky. I just learned while young if you don't know either ask, look it up, or keep your mouth shut. And, I know from experience and not reading the manual. I read the manual and can recall what I read, so I offered the page numbers. I'm just not understanding something - I could have just written that crackers are better with chunky peanut butter and it would be as helpful as an incorrect answer is to the OP. With about 1000 posts or so, I'd expect a bit more accuracy I'm surmising. Given some of the tepid flaming I see here, my comments are pretty tame. And, at least my offer is correct - so, some respect please?

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Evidently I was right as well the gsm model functions are different than the CDMA, so go be snarky wherever you like and quit being a troll

Last edited:

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site

I'm not angry, so I'm not berating anyone - I was being snarky. I just learned while young if you don't know either ask, look it up, or keep your mouth shut. And, I know from experience and not reading the manual. I read the manual and can recall what I read, so I offered the page numbers. I'm just not understanding something - I could have just written that crackers are better with chunky peanut butter and it would be as helpful as an incorrect answer is to the OP. With about 1000 posts or so, I'd expect a bit more accuracy I'm surmising. Given some of the tepid flaming I see here, my comments are pretty tame. And, at least my offer is correct - so, some respect please?

No, you were rude and there's no need for it, when Cleveland was trying to be helpful.

Rude is just rude!

Reactions: Massie

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

You do know what RTFM stands for, right? That is the part that seems rude (along with the condescending bit above)...not a huge deal, I was actually trying to prevent the flames from starting. Let's just move on.

Sugrat

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Gee, i'm sorry that we call can't get on, i think we need a group hug {{{HUG}}}

Thank you for the answering my question, i thought i was going mad... I had a friend with a AT&T iphone try it and yes, you are right, he can switch out of conference mode and put either on hold or hang up on just one person.

It's no biggy for me, guess i'll just have to wait for the iphone 5... :) LOL

Thanks again!!