I am not surprised. The AppleTV has been set in its ways for some time outside of the internals upgrades. For what it does it is excellent and fits nicely into those of us in the Apple Eco. But here is my own two cents from my usage of the ATV 4k Gen 2:
1. a U1 chip in the Siri remote (the remote disappearing just happens, This greatly helps that).
2. Like the AirPods Pro 2 case, Siri remote cable of a few feedback chirps
3. USB connection for a game controller (I play few games but when I have the BT can be a ?? response).
4. Ability to support enhanced HomePod Stereo (3 HomePods: L C R).
5. A lot of today's displays are 120hz refresh, mine is. Not a BFD but the HDMI 2.1 120hz feature would be a nice luxury.