MBP E-Mail Setup Question.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I am setting up my Outlook.Com email on my MBP, it appears that I can only set it up as pop3 not imap or Exchange. Is this correct?

The problem with setting it up as pop3 is that only the inbox syncs and also none of my person folders show up.

Any ideas?

Please help.

Thanks much. :)

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks again. I am afraid there is no Hotmail option on the MBP and the MS Exchange option needs a server name, which in iOS was not needed.

It was so easy to set it up on my iPhone and iPad and so difficult on the MBP. I am about to give up and just stick to the Outlook Web App on the MBP.

Any other ideas will be much appreciated. Thanks for all your time.

Sent From My Mobile Device Using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks again. I am afraid there is no Hotmail option on the MBP and the MS Exchange option needs a server name, which in iOS was not needed.

It was so easy to set it up on my iPhone and iPad and so difficult on the MBP. I am about to give up and just stick to the Outlook Web App on the MBP.

Any other ideas will be much appreciated. Thanks for all your time.

I have Outlook Mail (formerly Hotmail) setup on my MacBook. I don't think I removed it. Anyway, when I get home, I will go through the settings and get back with you. I should be back home within the hour.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
That is correct. I checked my MacBook email setting for it and it is setup in the manner you speak. :)
Upon further review - Outlook.com email can only be set up on a Mac as pop3.
Thank you both very much, that's the conclusion I was also coming to and hoping I was wrong!

It's a bummer and so strange that I can't do on a "real" computer, what I can on iPad and iPhone. :(

Oh well, it is what it is and maybe MS will add the OSX support one day.

Thank you for all your time and research. :)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Micro$oft needs to support IMAP... and Apple needs to support ActiveSync in their OSX Mail app... and while we're at it... Google is evil for dropping ActiveSync on iOS devices...

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
.. and while we're at it... Google is evil for dropping ActiveSync on iOS devices...
Google is on my "S" List right now for this and changing the BlogPress picture hosting server, without notice and losing many posted pictures.

Hence my reason for switching to Outlook.com from gmail. :)

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
There is no way do it on the Mac. Pop is the only option. I have since returned to Gmail. Sucks though, cause I wanted to live less dependent on Google, and I got myself a really cool outlook.com address. I don?t think I would be trying to switch again. Gmail just works and have always worked.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods