MBP 16" Power Adapters?

iRandyTX

Nov 17, 2021
Visit site
Which power adapters work with the new 16" MBP?

So I have the new 2021 16" MBP that comes with the new 140w Power Adapter. I know that the 140w power adapter is the only one that will "Fast Charge", but when I'm sitting at my desk I don't really need that. I can save that adapter for when I'm traveling.

Also, buying a separate 140w power adapter right now is impossible. They're not available as a separate purchase due to stock issues.

So my question is which other power adapters can I use to charge my 16" MBP normally?

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: MBP 16" Power Adapters?

I can't speak for the 16", but found my old 29 watt and wife's or an Air's 30 watt charged the higher core SoC but at slower rate. I left the big brick at home and carried the little one to my work sites.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Which power adapters work with the new 16" MBP?

So I have the new 2021 16" MBP that comes with the new 140w Power Adapter. I know that the 140w power adapter is the only one that will "Fast Charge", but when I'm sitting at my desk I don't really need that. I can save that adapter for when I'm traveling.

Also, buying a separate 140w power adapter right now is impossible. They're not available as a separate purchase due to stock issues.

So my question is which other power adapters can I use to charge my 16" MBP normally?

Hello and welcome to iMore! I'm sure that you will find the help you're looking for. When you get a chance, please take a minute to introduce yourself here!

Also, as an FYI: I have merged the two threads and deleted a duplicate post.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Annie! I couldn't find a way to merge the posts, or delete the duplicate myself.

No problem!!! :D If you ever have an issue that you need help with, just click the triangle with the ! mark in it. That will help you to report the issue and all Moderators are notified, and someone should respond quickly!

report message icon.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox