Maybe 14.2.1 is the fix.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
After my 12 PM finished the upgrade I did a work errand that handed me off to different towers. Going from 5G to LTE a phone call did not go bad. Same for getting back into 5G. Same speed test repeated in same spot with XS Max had the 12 PM's 5G faster.

Tomorrow I'll do a drive where the voice problem's occurred every time I've driven though the area. Now most of my metro area is covered in 5G map so I still need to know if the problem's gone where there's only LTE.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
5G is still very new, not all the sites are set up the same and RSSI needs to be adjusted for conditions. If the hardware is capable of adaptive setting this can help with handover aggression but isn't always the case. Furthermore, with the current situation today, engineers just don't have the time to "dial in" optimal settings at all the sites so oftentimes "out of the box" settings are used which cause problems. None of this is within control/scope of the customer so we just have to deal with it. If it's annoying just set cellular to use LTE as a stable connection prevails over a connection that's fast and then breaks. ;)

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
5G is still very new, not all the sites are set up the same and RSSI needs to be adjusted for conditions. If the hardware is capable of adaptive setting this can help with handover aggression but isn't always the case. Furthermore, with the current situation today, engineers just don't have the time to "dial in" optimal settings at all the sites so oftentimes "out of the box" settings are used which cause problems. None of this is within control/scope of the customer so we just have to deal with it. If it's annoying just set cellular to use LTE as a stable connection prevails over a connection that's fast and then breaks. ;)

Even though it's my personal phone, I've leveraged my Verizon business account and tech reps because they know it's important for their area. I'm getting text messages that Verizon is working on it. It's not often when you can see the coverage map change so fast and that's occurring near my home and data center.

Now I know there are two distinct issues. Clearly some things fixed with 14.2.1, and Verizon working near home. I see a small area that's always had terrible coverage 3G, 4G, now in the 5G map. It will be interesting if the map matches reality when I get there.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro