Mark Zuckerberg takes another swipe at Apple as tensions intensify

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I love this part from the article "not least since Apple's App Tracking Transparency (ATT) intervention started to cost Facebook huge sums in lost ad revenue. Since then, Zuckerberg has told anyone who will listen". My question is... who's listening? I wrote him off a long time ago.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Sounds just like the CEO’s of Motorola, palm, Nokia, and microsoft just before apple launched the iPhone.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Mark Z: “ Zuckerberg took issue with the way Apple charges money for its hardware, saying that other companies take the route of selling their software instead”

First a side note, Apple is approaching 100 billion revenue per year in non hardware sales. This will include subscriptions as well as services and software. Meta in 2022 brought in 118 billion dollars in revenue, probably 110 billion non hardware. So Apple is closing in on non hardware sales revenue surpassing all of Meta. Funny given his comment?

Now to the biggest point, Mark Z is a liar. Meta (and Google) make the most of their money not by selling software but by giving it away free, then making their money from collecting very personal user data. You and your data are the product. OTOH Apple has gone the hardware route, their hardware is their product. Dude is slimey, the culture is to get at where people go, what they type, who their friends are, who you call, what you browse, what pics you take etc. it’s in their culture over there. Not good.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Up_And_Away;[URL="tel:3294547" said:
3294547[/URL]]…..
Now to the biggest point, Mark Z is a liar. Meta (and Google) make the most of their money not by selling software but by giving it away free, then making their money from collecting very personal user data. You and your data are the product. OTOH Apple has gone the hardware route, their hardware is their product. Dude is slimey, the culture is to get at where people go, what they type, who their friends are, who you call, what you browse, what pics you take etc. it’s in their culture over there. Not good.

‘Nuf said…. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice