• Welcome to the all-new iMore Forums! - We're still moving some things around, so you may see a few quirks here and there, but we're working on getting things fully completed as soon as possible. For now, take a look around, and if you run into any major issues, please let us know in this thread!

Man discovers 30-year-old Apple IIe in parents’ attic, still works

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Now I’m suddenly sorry I sold my Atari 2600 with over 50 games to my cousin a few years ago.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
I had one of those way back when, I also owned a couple of Macintosh Lisa models which I wish I still had.

But they served their purpose and I sold them to move up to the newer model and never looked back.

It’s still fun when I see these articles about old hardware that I had actually used some of those machines back in the early days of the personal PC revolution. God it was fun back then.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
I remember the 2e in grade school. Needed a boot disk just to turn it on. Man.... computers have come a long way since then.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
I had an Apple IIc, but my cousin had the IIe

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
I'm super late but this is an awesome story!! The surprising thing is that it booted up, and worked with no problem!! Excellent!