"Major" update to GSX on Oct 3rd. Coincidence? I think not!

jnick

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey all!

Long time member of Crackberry and Android Central however this is my very first post here! I, like many of you, are patiently (yeah, right!) awaiting the iPhone 5 release to jump ship from my Incredible.

My organization is part of Apple's repair program. Therefore we have regular update notices on products in regards ot the back end (training material, etc). Just a few short hours ago, I received a notice from Apple that their GSX portal will be receiving a "Major" update. Some cosmetic, other in regards to functionality.

However, this update is scheduled to cut-over on Monday, October 3rd, the day before the rumored Keynote of new product launches. While it's very possible that they can be completely separate entities, I'm pretty sure we can pretty much confirm that October 4th will be the day an announcement is made.

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
my thoughts exactly.

OP, care to explain this?

Google it if you don't know.

That's cool info, jnick. Thanks for sharing with us. :)

As jnick mentioned, his organization is part of Apple's repair program. GSX stands for Global Service Exchange. It's the portal that authorized repair centers use to order parts directly from Apple, and obtain AppleCare information.

MCH2020

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Can someone please explain to me more about GSX - tried searching on the web but information is limited.

- Is this a global service?
- Is it for European stock only?
- Are the swaps that go through the GSX service identifiable at Apple store level?
- Where do the devices get sent? i.e., is GSX service centralised?

Any info along these lines will be very helpful!

Thanks,

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2