Mail app not working right after jailbreak

Tony2255

Trusted Member
May 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone! I have been a long time reader but have recently added a. 4s to my collection of, umm don't know if I dare say Blackberrys. I love trying and playing with all types of tech gadgets and find the iPhone is amazing. One quick question though since I jail broke it last week, and again last night my mail keeps going black... Meaning it shows that there is an email there but no topic and nothing in the message if you open it. I can not remember what each line says now but all emails have the same line like unavailable or unknown when you open the mail app. Anyone else see this before?

I thought once I did a factory restore And update jailbreak and reinstall just the apps I used it may work right but I have already had to reboot once today to get my mail back .

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent using Tapatalk

Tony2255

Trusted Member
May 26, 2012
Visit site
Ya reboot fixes it but it just annoying if I am in a hurry to have to reboot. Although its nice to say reboot and it reboots lol.

Kind of like a joke I heard before
What's the definition of mixed feelings?
Watching your mother-in-law drive over a clif in your brand new car!

Same thing with jailbreaking I guess. Just thought maybe there was a fix somewhere.

Sent using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
honestly, if this were happening to me i would start all over (restore as new phone and re-JB)

there are no other options in my world due to my OCD lol. number one rule when i jailbreak is functionality first then tinker later

Tony2255

Trusted Member
May 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok it says

This message has no content

For every email and has a date of 2000-12-31 for all messages

I have started over three times as a new phone. I may have to try again I guess. Anyone else see this before?

Tony2255

Trusted Member
May 26, 2012
Visit site
ok started fresh again and it just did it again. I am lost!!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2

iVazz

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
honestly, if this were happening to me i would start all over (restore as new phone and re-JB)

there are no other options in my world due to my OCD lol. number one rule when i jailbreak is functionality first then tinker later

^This. Either that or you got a bad theme.

Sent from the dark recesses of my mind using Tapatalk.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
when you say "started fresh" you mean selected Setup as New Phone when given the option towards the end of your restore, right? DO NOT Restore from a Backup

YES you will lose some data, no way around it..

once that is complete make sure the first thing you do to your device is setup the email in question to see how it behaves with a true "Fresh start"

Tony2255

Trusted Member
May 26, 2012
Visit site
Well it has been good all day today so I think I will let it do for a day or two. Maybe jailbreak needs time to settle in?

Sent using Tapatalk

Tony2255

Trusted Member
May 26, 2012
Visit site
Well did a factory reset and started as a new iPhone. Took an hour or so to get rejailbroke and set up and everything was good for a few days. Came home last night and went to check mail and had the same problem. Anyone else having this issue?

I am thinking it maybe autoprorwxt as it only seems to happen after I come home. Gonna try that next

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Well did a factory reset and started as a new iPhone. Took an hour or so to get rejailbroke and set up and everything was good for a few days. Came home last night and went to check mail and had the same problem. Anyone else having this issue?

I am thinking it maybe autoprorwxt as it only seems to happen after I come home. Gonna try that next

What is "autoprorwxt"?

I've never seen this problem in years of jailbreaking, but it definitely sounds like it's related to something you installed as opposed to the jailbreak itself.

Next step here would be to give us a list of what you have installed from Cydia.

Tony2255

Trusted Member
May 26, 2012
Visit site
Autoprotect is a cydia tweak that recognizes what wifi you are on and if the ssid name is in listed in autoprotect it disables the password protection

Pretty cool but i think that was the issue.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You might look at CleverPin, which has a similar feature. Maybe you'll have better luck with that one.
http://www.iphonehacks.com/2012/06/cleverpin-jailbreak-tweak-makes-iphones-passcode-protection-smarter.html

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
List all cydia tweaks you have. I have AutoPortect and it works fine for me, but I use to have this issue until I deleted a couple tweaks that I felt could be messing with my phone. I haven't had this issue in a week.

n0m0n

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
List all cydia tweaks you have. I have AutoPortect and it works fine for me, but I use to have this issue until I deleted a couple tweaks that I felt could be messing with my phone. I haven't had this issue in a week.

Can you remember what tweaks you found that didn't play friendly with AutoProtect?

Thanks

cstanleymd

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Having this problem myself, just started up today on the new jailbreak. I know this is a bit after the fact but did you ever find a solution? I have one tweak I'll try taking off, Exchange Unlock, which might be related but that's the only one I can think of that is related to the mailbox at all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods