Magpul Field Case Review

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I did not really see a real review on the Magpul Field Case, so I thought I would do a write up with some pictures.

Magpul really is not a company you would expect to make a case for a cell phone, in fact their main niche is rifle accessories.

However the staff at Magpul were issued iPhones and as their expertise was in rubber/plastic moldings, they wanted to develop a better case at an even better price.

Priced at $9.95 + shipping it was hard for me to ignore this case (and being a gun enthusiast, it just pushed me over the top).

The case is made out of the same synthetic rubber material that many of their rifle accessories are made from. Do not think soft rubber, think of something harder than that...a plastic rubber almost. There is not much flex in this case, but just enough to get the phone in and out. It is far from floppy.

The Field Case is advertised to work with the iP4/4S. I am testing it on a VZW iP4 and all my comments will reflect it on that device.

I was very impressed with the slim factor of this case, I was using an OtterBox Defender previously and it was a welcome change. The bulk is very minimal as you will see in my pictures. Even though it is not bulky, I find it it extremely to easy to handle because of the ridges on the case. The ridges were the reason I chose this case over the Executive Field Case.

IMG_0160-1.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

As far as accessibility to the ports and buttons, I have to say I find it outstanding. On the website it says the ports were cutout to be used with OEM connectors and headphones, and they do indeed work excellent.

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

The volume buttons and sleep/wake button tap easily and I cannot complain at all. The ridges cut into the buttons are a nice touch and help your finger grip and keep it from slipping off.

I have not noticed any issues while using the flash so far and the picture quality is not affected. The case does come up over the edge of the phone, so you can lay it face down without worry about the screen (assuming it is flat underneath).

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

Overall I think this is a great looking, fully functional case. A lot of my gun buddies approve of it as well. The hardened rubber/plastic gives it a solid feeling and the texture feels secure in the hand. Plus, it looks PMAG haha. I like it so much, I think I may order one in orange.

You can check out Magpul's iPhone Case offerings. They have them for the 3G/3Gs and 4/4S in an array of different colors. For $9.95 this case is worth a serious look and its made in the USA by a company that puts as much pride in its cases as it does its other products.

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

Information on equipment used;

Magpul Field Case for the iPhone 4/4S in Black
Verizon iPhone 4 32gb in Black (screen protector is a PowerSupport USA Crystal)
Glock 23 .40 S&W (3rd Generation)
Canon Rebel XSi 12.2 MP Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens

Chocu1a

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I currently have my iPhone 4 in a Field case. Really nice slim case, offers decent protection. My only gripe is I wish it covered the bezel a bit more.

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Excellent review, and nice pics. Nice gun selection too. I've got a Gen 4 Glock 27 that I love. I've got the Field Executive Case (actually, three of them) and it's fantastic. I have no doubt the Field Case matches the quality, fit and finish of the Field Exec case. And the price on these things cannot be beat.

Reactions: LSglock89

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Black. Just got it today. Nice case. Very sturdy and provides just enough protection for my liking. And I removed an incipio feather case for this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definitely agree, it is just the right amount of protection.

Excellent review, and nice pics. Nice gun selection too. I've got a Gen 4 Glock 27 that I love. I've got the Field Executive Case (actually, three of them) and it's fantastic. I have no doubt the Field Case matches the quality, fit and finish of the Field Exec case. And the price on these things cannot be beat.

It was hard picking out which one to use...I have the Glock 23, Glock 26 and a Glock 19 in OD (probably my favorite, love that OD).

Thanks for the compliment.

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
My OD green and flat dark earth cases came in today and man they sure do stack up to the reviews! Thinking about getting them for Xmas presents for all my friends who use iPhones.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
My OD green and flat dark earth cases came in today and man they sure do stack up to the reviews! Thinking about getting them for Xmas presents for all my friends who use iPhones.

Still using my black one...no issues here. They are hard to beat for the price and they are made in the USA!

Heifzilla

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Gun nut hubby ordered an orange one, and it came yesterday. We are both very impressed. Case fits well and is completely a quality product. It's more of a darker, dusty orange than a hunter's orange. My pictures don't really capture the right color, sorry. First two are without flash, last one is with.

I just ordered a pink one for myself. Thanks again for the review.

Heif

Last edited:

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the review!! I'd never heard of these. I'm loving my Otterbox Reflex but I'm thinking I'm about to order myself a black Magpul!!

Thanks again!

Last edited:

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Gun nut hubby ordered an orange one, and it came yesterday. We are both very impressed. Case fits well and is completely a quality product. It's more of a darker, dusty orange than a hunter's orange. My pictures don't really capture the right color, sorry. First two are without flash, last one is with.

I just ordered a pink one for myself. Thanks again for the review.

Heif

No problem, glad you are satisfied. Seeing the orange one the white looks really good, especially since I'm a Vol fan! Going to have to pick up an orange for sure.

Thanks for the review!! I'd never heard of these. I'm loving my Otterbox Reflex but I'm thinking I'm about to order myself a black Magpul!!

Thanks again!

They just came to my attention as well.

Just ordered my black Field Case for my black VZW iPhone 4.

You will not be disappointed I'm sure.

Heifzilla

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
c71a3ccf-e000-33d4.jpg
Heif, let us know how it works on the 4S.

It works great on the 4s, that's what hubby has :). Fit is excellent.

Eta: I just looked at his phone again and the only thing I did notice was that the mute switch is a little low in the slot for it, which is fairly typical of a lot of cases that were designed for the 4. It doesn't affect using the switch at all but it may annoy someone who is picky like that. Posted a pic to show what it looks like.

Last edited:

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Cool, cool. I hope it doesn't take too long to arrive. I'm pretty anxious.

Last edited:

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Click to view quoted image

It works great on the 4s, that's what hubby has :). Fit is excellent.

Eta: I just looked at his phone again and the only thing I did notice was that the mute switch is a little low in the slot for it, which is fairly typical of a lot of cases that were designed for the 4. It doesn't affect using the switch at all but it may annoy someone who is picky like that. Posted a pic to show what it looks like.

That actually looks pretty close to where it lines up on my iP4.

Thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR