Macbook Air or Pro

LiilPagla

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I want to buy a new macbook for my programming related work, so need help which one i should buy Air or Pro

any suggestions ?

nutmac

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
For development, having a larger screen is a huge help. I recommend getting 15" if budget allows (or get used or refurbished).

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
If you can't afford the pro and all you do is surf the web and stuff like that, the Air will be enough. Otherwise, get the Pro! ;)

hari4u

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
I own neither of them but I recommend going for the Pro model, coz what if you get into some serious professional work in the future..

eh-up

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I've used both for development work but it really depends on what you are developing. That said, I find that the more screen space you can get the better as most ide's need space

lecrae

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I've never owned a MacBook Pro but based on what you what to use it for I would say get the Pro! I have an Air which I love but it may not be powerful enough to do programming

Vegard Svendsen

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I would reccomend the Macbook Pro, especially the new one seems better in every way. Only negative side is the price, but I still feel that the Macbook Air should be considered a legacy product at this point.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I retired my MBA 2012 when I got my iPad baby pro and my 7 Plus.
And for the first time ever I am not lusting after the new MacBook.
Color me shocked, lol. I feel zero need for it, my wallet is finally able to chill out and relax.

anon(8910885)

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Go for the Pro. It's powerful with the latest chips yet ultraportable like the Air. The only thing you're giving away is the high price and lack of ports.

niharikasarma

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
I don't do any programming, but I do video editing on a regular basis. I think the MacBook Air is great for a casual user, but if you want a laptop for more heavy-duty work the Pro is the way to go. The new models look great. I've done video editing with Final Cut on a MacBook Air before and I wasn't impressed.

golfinggod

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
Definitely the pro. Definitely. People have complained about the new releases saying it's no longer for the 'pro' user (see: lack of ports) but it's still so, so much better than the Air.

kristenelaine1991

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
I personally like the macbook air because I love how slim it is. It really depends on what benefits you are looking for and what you are planning to use the laptop/computer for.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flickoo