Macbook 2015 or Macbook Air 13 inch?

thomasliveshere

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I'm undecided as to which laptop I should buy for uni.
I'm trying to decide between the retina macbook or the macbook air 13 inch.

I will use it for taking to uni and also at home.
Note taking, browsing the net and a little video editing using final cut pro for university.

I will be getting an imac in the future so for now i want a portable machine and I don't want to get a macbook pro.

I like that the MacBook has a retina display and a usb c port. However ive noticed that it's less powerful than the air?

This is a shame because I really want to justify buying this device.

If you were me what would you do considering my needs?

Is the macbook noticeably less powerful than the air?

Does anyone have any experience with both of them? What's your opinions?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
So portability is your main concern? I was looking at the MBP and the MBA when I got mine this was before there WAS a MacBook! lol And I went to the store and found the 13 inch MBP to be quite portable, and very powerful. With my government discount (you should get a similar student discount) it was actually pretty affordable. Get the most powerful machine that suits your needs. I say get the MBP, and if not go for the Air. The MacBook is fancy and nice, but I agree it can be a bit under powered. Looks super sweet in gold thou! lol

thomasliveshere

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
So portability is your main concern? I was looking at the MBP and the MBA when I got mine this was before there WAS a MacBook! lol And I went to the store and found the 13 inch MBP to be quite portable, and very powerful. With my government discount (you should get a similar student discount) it was actually pretty affordable. Get the most powerful machine that suits your needs. I say get the MBP, and if not go for the Air. The MacBook is fancy and nice, but I agree it can be a bit under powered. Looks super sweet in gold thou! lol

I've actually been looking at the mbp 13inch. Have you found any issues with the fan noise? Also, is yours maxed out or just the base model?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I've actually been looking at the mbp 13inch. Have you found any issues with the fan noise? Also, is yours maxed out or just the base model?

I believe I got the middle model, and nope, no fan issues, HOWEVER I don't really push it to the max like you may be doing when you get to school. But still I would not expect it to make a lot of noise, mine does not. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox