Mac Catalina

BuckyBadg

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Any out there update to this new iOS? I did and am somewhat sorry. I don’t know if it’s my imagination but it seems to run slower. It took forever to upload and download, and it rendered my older version of MS Office obsolete. I had to invest in a newer 64Bit version as Catalina will not run on a 32Bit version. This is because it is supposed to be “faster”...uh huh... Getting the newer Office up and running took a fair amount of time. The other thing that irks me is that they made a big thing about no more iTunes but the Music icon is the old iTunes icon and it is just okay. Also, the spinning so-called “beach ball of death” seems to make an appearance with almost anything you click on. Speaking of which, it seems I have to click on something more than once to activate it, and the bouncing icon at the base of the screen seems to bounce for longer, or I am just impatient and expecting more. My 700 or so pictures on the iMac were deleted, leaving only the most recent Cloud pics. Fortunately I found them under “deleted
pictures”, and after checking all, pressing “recover” got them back. WTF, I never deleted them.

In summary, subject to further navigation with the new highly touted IOS, me thinks it might have been released prematurely, and/or will need an update(s) sooner not later :raised-eyebrow:.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Since I'm pretty much on beta builds year round, I've been running macOS Catalina for quite some time on my 2017 MacBook Pro and the experience has been great thus far. The biggest adjustment I had to make was to get used to managing my iPhone via Finder instead of via iTunes. The apps I use on a daily basis all work.

With that being said, I upgraded my work-issued MacBook Air to macOS Catalina yesterday evening and there have been a couple of times when it seemed as if I was low on memory or something. Simply scrolling down a webpage caused the dreaded spinning wheel, but thankfully, it's not consistent. I'll see if things improve tomorrow.

BuckyBadg

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE today: One day after my update I’m noticing better speed and sensitivity to touch. There are less and shorter episodes showing the beach ball of death.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro