M2 MacBook Air

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
[mention]gnirkatto [/mention] I feel your pain. For my M2 MacBook Air, 16GiB of RAM and a 256GB SSD, it cost me $1838.45 (academic price, including GST and PST [total tax 15.47%]). That amounts to 1255.24€.

What threw me off is the currency, so I assumed United States of America.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
[mention]gnirkatto [/mention] I feel your pain. For my M2 MacBook Air, 16GiB of RAM and a 256GB SSD, it cost me $1838.45 (academic price, including GST and PST [total tax 15.47%]). That amounts to 1255.24€.

What threw me off is the currency, so I assumed United States of America.
I ususally convert in USD, to make it easier for the non-Europeans who roam around here ;-)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I just got a MBA 13.6” M2 8/8/8/256 (2022) yesterday in midnight. The color is gorgeous but what a finger print magnet it is waiting on my clear case to arrive tomorrow!

I also have a MBP-R 15” (early 2013) which is no longer getting updates and certain things I needed the computer to do it couldn’t because the software is older.

I’m really happy with the smaller model, it’ll be more portable without weighting a ton I also went with less storage because I don’t plan on uploading my iTunes or photo library to it, which will save 100gb of not being used

Reactions: EdwinG

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I just got a MBA 13.6” M2 8/8/8/256 (2022) yesterday in midnight. The color is gorgeous but what a finger print magnet it is waiting on my clear case to arrive tomorrow!

I also have a MBP-R 15” (early 2013) which is no longer getting updates and certain things I needed the computer to do it couldn’t because the software is older.

I’m really happy with the smaller model, it’ll be more portable without weighting a ton I also went with less storage because I don’t plan on uploading my iTunes or photo library to it, which will save 100gb of not being used
Congratulations!

I’m mostly satisfied with my MacBook Air. The only pain point comes from iCloud Drive, where I lost 70GB worth of files (academic VMs) that I wanted to move to at-home storage.

macOS just kept trying again and crashing with a full drive. Then try again, with no option to cancel. Even Windows was struggling, but at least Apple has provided a cancel button on that platform.

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations!

I’m mostly satisfied with my MacBook Air. The only pain point comes from iCloud Drive, where I lost 70GB worth of files (academic VMs) that I wanted to move to at-home storage.

macOS just kept trying again and crashing with a full drive. Then try again, with no option to cancel. Even Windows was struggling, but at least Apple has provided a cancel button on that platform.
☺️Thank you, I'm real happy with it. Honestly, the past couple of days I've just been using it to play around ie. watch Tv, music, iMessage, email etc. In another week or so I'll prepare my taxes thru TT on it.

Wow, 70 gigs. That's a lot of info to be processed so I can see why its crashing...but that does suck👎🏽

• Love
Reactions: EdwinG

Travons

Aug 4, 2022
Visit site
Would that be with the 10-core GPU? That's the only way I can add up to around 2000USD.
Glad that your MacBook Air fits your needs.

Follow up on mine. I use it for most of my day-to-day activities. The only things that I cannot use on it are Intel VirtualBox/VMware Fusion VMs and the TI n-Spire software (licensing restrictions).
Why not get a MBP instead ?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Why not get a MBP instead ?
Because it wouldn't provide me anything more than a MBA does. A MacBook Pro runs IA-32/AMD64 VMs as well as a MacBook Air, as in "it's incapable at all".

And the price difference is massive, even today.

For a 13-inch M3 MacBook Air with 16GB of RAM and a 512GB SSD, I have to pay $2250.58.
A 14-inch M3 MacBook Pro with the same 16GB of RAM and 512GB of SSD, it's $2712.48.

For the display difference - which is often useless in my configuration - and a couple of fans, the $450 difference is unjustifiable. I don't benefit at all from a MacBook Pro, so why waste my hard-earned money?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner