Lower profile super-protective cases for 5S

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
So while I was at the Apple store tonight dealing with warranty issues, a girl came in with a COMPLETELY shattered iPhone5. In the EXACT same case I had. She claimed she lost grip while using it at the grocery (like trying to use it while pushing the cart) and while trying to catch it managed to send it flying. Well, that did NOT make me feel comforted that my 5S would be safe from any fall like that. I am pretty gingerly with my phone, but that was crazy. The back and sides looked ok, the screen obviously did not make it.

SO...anything more protective but not super bulky? I didn't love Otterbox or Life Proof much and have returned them because of it...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you're careful with your device then you should be okay with the case you already have on it. Besides, the girl in the Apple Store could have been lying...:)

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
True, but it did look like a screen forward drop. It was quite something. She was covered, and all, but it was not comforting!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Spigen Glas.tr screen protector for one, that should greatly help as it has an 8H-9H rating. And then for minimal case with basic fall protection, you can't go wrong with Speck. But for most overall protection while still keeping the majority of the phones slimness I prefer LifeProof. But for average everyday use, a Speck or similar and a Spigen Glas.tr screen protector would be perfect.

Blazin' Tap Tap Tappity To You

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I like their UltraCrystals, but I didn't love the glass ones. I felt like I needed a screen protector for my screen protector.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been careful over the many years of using cellphones and my drops never resulted in anything catastrophic (knocking on wood), however accidents do happen. If and when I use a case I try and purchase one with a GRIP like feel, unless I'm going strictly for looks, then I'm extra careful. I can imagine treating a new iphone5s just like a new born baby......SMILE

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I have had issues with both types of cases. I had a phone shatter in and otterbox. It's all in the way it happens in my opinion.

RollTideFanGrl

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Looks GREAT, I think I'm going to start off with the official Apple Leather Case for the iphone 5s. Soooo MANY to choose from.....SMILE

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
You will love the apple leather cases.. I got the red, blue and brown one..

I'm going with the leather light brown one to start off, and then a couple of "champange" color ones I've seen on Amazon. Soooo many to choose from, not like the other fruit where choice was limited

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I apologize if you have answered this already but what is the case you're speaking of? The one that you currently own.

I'm going with the leather light brown one to start off, and then a couple of "champange" color ones I've seen on Amazon. Soooo many to choose from, not like the other fruit where choice was limited

Leather cases on amazon? Point me to them!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods