Low mic volume on new iPhone 7 plus.

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Hey all,

I noticed that when I play back my WhatsApp voice messages on my new iPhone 7 Plus, they sound very low and weak. The person on the other end also noticed this. I just also tried WhatsApp voice messages on my iPhone 6 and it sounds loud, crisp and clear on both ends just like it should.

For some reason, the microphone input is really low on my iPhone 7 Plus. Even when I tested this on voice recorder, it sounds about 50% weaker than on my 6.

I am positive that there is nothing covering any of the microphones or speakers. YouTube playback it sounds decent however.

Also, during an HD call on my 6, I was always blown away at how clear and vibrant the voice in the other end was - HD calling as it was meant to be. When I listen to the same conversation on my 7 plus, the other voice is muffled and lower volume. Basically, I initiated an HD call and kept swapping the phone that was at my ear to do the test. HD calling is properly set up under LTE.

Is there something I'm missing?

I fear this is just What I have to get used to with the new phones because of some waterproof seal or coating.

Please advise.

Last edited:

erichards2

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
May not be a settings issue but maybe it is the waterproofing on the new models. That is the only thing I can actually think of that would diminish the sound transmission. I doubt apple would have downgraded their microphone technology. Best of luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner