Love my new SGP Neo Hybrid Case!

jmjohn

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
Just received the SGP Neo Hybrid case and I really like it. Enough texture to not feel slippery in the hand, fully protects the front and rear, and coupled with the SGP Ultra Oleophobic screen protector, it seems to be a great solution.

Although it was on back order for several weeks, seems to be worth the wait. And it looks good too. I went with the satin silver matte series for the iPhone 4.

Any others have comments or observations? I like it!

Pr3mier

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
I love mine too! Did you get the hybrid matte series with the silicone back? That's what I got and I was surprised to find out that the silicone feels nothing like those rubbery kinds. It feels more like paper! Much better grip than a naked phone. It looks great and feels great in the hands with the slightly rounded edges. My other slider case just felt too boxy to me. I bought the gunmetal color which is nice too. I do wished the left the sleep/awake button and the volume buttons black. The paint makes it look a bit cheap. Hopefully it will wear off. Currenty using a Bodyguardz screen protector, but I will most likely use the included SGP film. The bottom dock opening is big enough to fit all my docks so I'm ok with that. Looks like I finally found a case I am happy with.

jmjohn

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
I love mine too! Did you get the hybrid matte series with the silicone back? That's what I got and I was surprised to find out that the silicone feels nothing like those rubbery kinds. It feels more like paper! Much better grip than a naked phone. It looks great and feels great in the hands with the slightly rounded edges. My other slider case just felt too boxy to me. I bought the gunmetal color which is nice too. I do wished the left the sleep/awake button and the volume buttons black. The paint makes it look a bit cheap. Hopefully it will wear off. Currenty using a Bodyguardz screen protector, but I will most likely use the included SGP film. The bottom dock opening is big enough to fit all my docks so I'm ok with that. Looks like I finally found a case I am happy with.

Yes, I did. Hybrid matte series.

It is indeed just what I have been looking for. Too bad I bought 5 or 6 others before I found this one.

imeanwire

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
I've been using mine for about a week and it's awesome! I got the one with the silicone back and in gun metal. It's very clean looking and doesn't add a bunch of bulk. Another great thing is that I'm using it with a full body invisibleSHIELD, and doesn't wrinkle like other cases. Would recommend this case.

yoonice

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I've ordered mine and it's not going to be shipped out to me until the 12th of Nov. But in due time, I love to see good comments about this case! Thanks! =)

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I got my Neo Hybrid EX today and so far I love it. I needed to file the dock connector on my belkin car dock a bit, but still worth it. :tup: SGP

Pr3mier

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
Looks like SGP plans on selling the plastic outer rim/frame of these Neo Hybrid cases separately. So those who want different colors will be able to purchase them. No date has been made for their availability yet..

Thank you for contacting SGPstore.com Customer Service Department.
Hi, my name is Jxxxxxxx from SGPstore.com.

We will be releasing the frames separately soon but as of now we do not have the exact date of release yet.
Please visit our website again to see product availability.

Thank you.

Reactions: ssflo

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I was wondering about this as well. It would be nice if it was not too expensive - I can see buying a few, cause this is truly an awesome case!

Looks like SGP plans on selling the plastic outer rim/frame of these Neo Hybrid cases separately. So those who want different colors will be able to purchase them. No date has been made for their availability yet..

Thank you for contacting SGPstore.com Customer Service Department.
Hi, my name is Jxxxxxxx from SGPstore.com.

We will be releasing the frames separately soon but as of now we do not have the exact date of release yet.
Please visit our website again to see product availability.

Thank you.

wkr08

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I ordered this case and it was due to ship on Nov. 1. Can anyone give me a rough idea on when I might expect to receive this?

wkr08

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Alli,
My mistake...the question was too vague.
I have not received any email notifications about it being shipped, so I guess the 'real' question, is...does SGP send an email when the item ships?
If they do, then that would obviously give me an idea on when to expect it, and now I'll just be waiting on the email.

Thanks

gailey

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Neohybrid case, I think that's cool. I've been reading good reviews about this one. And based on the replies on this forum, maybe I should also start finding a way how to get this one. ;)

Cheers! :)

Pr3mier

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
SGP did not send me an email when my order was actually shipped, but I do know that their estimated ship date is accurate. You should be expecting the package very soon. Well, that's is you live in the US. Hope you like it when it arrives.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I got an email notification that mine had shipped - and it shipped sooner than anticipated. If you created an account on their website, you can also see there if it's shipped.

wkr08

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Well, I inquired about my order via email & not real pleased for the time being.
Apparently, "something happened" at the time I placed my order. So now they tell me they will cancel that original order & give a full refund, and for me to resubmit my order. I responded with a couple of questions, so now I'm waiting to hear back from them.
If I have to resubmit the order & "get back in line" and wait another 3-4 weeks...well, that's not going to happen, so I'll just keep my eyes open for another case. But first, I'll wait and make sure I get my 'full refund'. Maybe I'll try again and maybe not...we'll see.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The bumper part of my case broke at the bottom. Truly devestated. Contacted them on Sunday via their website - no answer. Sent them a tweet on Monday and got email response within 5 minutes. They asked for a photo of what broke and I sent it right away. Got a reply saying they'd replace it, but they are (again) back ordered. <sigh>