Loud 5s home button?

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
My home button on my new gold 5s I got a few days ago is kind of loud. Is anyone else's home button kind of loud? And is it normal? Should I get a new one or what should I do ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If by loud you mean that it's "clicky" then I wouldn't worry about it. It starts to dwindle down as time passes with usage. I have a black 5S that I got as a AC+ replacement in April and it's clicky as well.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
It's because Touch ID is under the home button. There's just a button on the iPhone 5. No worries.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😁

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
The problem I have with my 5s is the home button sometimes if left untouched for a while, when I press it it feels crusty, like if I barely even touch it or gently try to press it I feel it wanting to sink in. What's strange is that sometimes it feels fine and sometimes it feels crusty. I don't know how to explain what I mean by crusty all I know is that when it feels that way the button gets more clicky when I finally press it, after periods of it being untouched. Touch ID still works fine. Anyone else experience anything like this?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The problem I have with my 5s is the home button sometimes if left untouched for a while, when I press it it feels crusty, like if I barely even touch it or gently try to press it I feel it wanting to sink in. What's strange is that sometimes it feels fine and sometimes it feels crusty. I don't know how to explain what I mean by crusty all I know is that when it feels that way the button gets more clicky when I finally press it, after periods of it being untouched. Touch ID still works fine. Anyone else experience anything like this?

My wifes 5s did that after it was a couple of months old but we got it swapped for a different issue.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Yeah. It feels like a crack almost. I'm starting to get this lately as well. Doesn't happen all the time, but has been happening more frequently lately.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm hesitant to take it to an Apple store because the crunchy feeling is random and if they don't understand what I mean or if it doesn't feel that way when I take it in, they won't replace it and I'd have wasted my time.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm hesitant to take it to an Apple store because the crunchy feeling is random and if they don't understand what I mean or if it doesn't feel that way when I take it in, they won't replace it and I'd have wasted my time.

That leave only 2 choices: Either take a chance and take it to the Apple Store and have one of the geniuses look at, or deal with the random crunchy sound. Personally, I'd make a genius bar appointment even if it's just for peace of mind...:)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm just gonna take mine if it becomes much more frequent because that way it's easier to replicate the problem right in front of them. Touch ID works just fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro