Lost LTE Signal w MetroPCS

chubbs878

Dec 17, 2017
Visit site
I have here a 5 that's been carried by MetroPCS for like 2-years now. Before that, I I believe it was with AT&T. Within the carrier listing in settings I show both & have it set on Auto. It shows "metropcs E" in the signal. Here is where my dilemma begins: it always had "metropcs LTE" up until Nov 1.

Short backstory: I was getting text from metro stating the network is being upgraded & that I would need a new phone. "No way," I thought. So after getting these text for 6-mo the upgrade must have went thru wknd Nov1 & starting that Mon had trouble sending/recv text, getting safari to pull the pages up and lost the ability to stream vids. It's just super slow like having the worst signal ever. Fast-forward about 1-month of my web searches and a complete overhaul at the metropcs store (forget the term used when the carrier goes into your phone and does a reset of their service) but that didn't help. Finally, I went to a dif store and a tech there tells me that if this isn't a "metropcs iphone," then it would have been affected by the system update Nov1. He said regardless it being an old 5s, the fact it's from a dif carrier makes it incapable of connecting high speed like it always did before.

I think that is BS and any software guru for this OS should have a fix or workaround, I just don't know how many peeps know the circumstances behind this. So I'm looking for help. This phone does everything that I need & I have no desire to buy a dif't phone. I just want to make this 1 compatible with metro's shady plan of making half the population c/p obsolete.

AFAIK, this cell hasn't been tampered with: my MIL owned it orig and gave it to us. Just took it to metro 1 day and hooked it up there. I haven't seen any evidence of jailbreak, etc. not anything obvious, at least. If somebody could help me out of refer me to a person that can get this thing back online LTE/4g, you would be doing a great service. I will reply with whatever info needed to proceed.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You were told for months that you would need a new phone in order to continue service with Metro PCS. Right? Now that the network upgrade is complete, you’re finding that was has been told to you for months turned out to be true. Now you appear to be looking for a way to beat the system. Did I misread your post? Anyway, if resetting the network settings doesn’t help then you may have to change carriers or buy a new phone. Hopefully, others will offer more suggestions/recommendations soon.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I have here a 5 that's been carried by MetroPCS for like 2-years now. Before that, I I believe it was with AT&T. Within the carrier listing in settings I show both & have it set on Auto. It shows "metropcs E" in the signal. Here is where my dilemma begins: it always had "metropcs LTE" up until Nov 1.

Short backstory: I was getting text from metro stating the network is being upgraded & that I would need a new phone. "No way," I thought. So after getting these text for 6-mo the upgrade must have went thru wknd Nov1 & starting that Mon had trouble sending/recv text, getting safari to pull the pages up and lost the ability to stream vids. It's just super slow like having the worst signal ever. Fast-forward about 1-month of my web searches and a complete overhaul at the metropcs store (forget the term used when the carrier goes into your phone and does a reset of their service) but that didn't help. Finally, I went to a dif store and a tech there tells me that if this isn't a "metropcs iphone," then it would have been affected by the system update Nov1. He said regardless it being an old 5s, the fact it's from a dif carrier makes it incapable of connecting high speed like it always did before.

I think that is BS and any software guru for this OS should have a fix or workaround, I just don't know how many peeps know the circumstances behind this. So I'm looking for help. This phone does everything that I need & I have no desire to buy a dif't phone. I just want to make this 1 compatible with metro's shady plan of making half the population c/p obsolete.

AFAIK, this cell hasn't been tampered with: my MIL owned it orig and gave it to us. Just took it to metro 1 day and hooked it up there. I haven't seen any evidence of jailbreak, etc. not anything obvious, at least. If somebody could help me out of refer me to a person that can get this thing back online LTE/4g, you would be doing a great service. I will reply with whatever info needed to proceed.

I am pretty sure that it is Metro PCS’s prerogative to accept outside phone models on their system or not. Does Metro PCS have a “bring your own device” program? You may need to enroll in such a program if there is one, to use your own device on their network.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR