Lost contacts from iPhone

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
In my haste to delete things "Google" from my iPhone, i delete my gmail account and my google drive account. Before doing that, i opened an iCloud account and put all my stuff from google drive into it. However, my contacts were deleted when i deleted my gmail account, and i can't get them back on to my phone. They are still in my iCloud account. I must have looked at a dozen videos on the subject, but after a day of trying i'm stumped. I could some help, please. Thanks.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Have you set up your iCloud email account in the stock mail App? When you do that, you will be prompted to add your calendar and contacts.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If you haven’t tried these two things yet:

1 - Settings - open Apple ID at the top - iCloud and make sure Contacts is toggled on

2 - Go to the Contacts app directly on your iPhone and on the top right “Groups” make sure the iCloud group is turned on

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Tried those, but no go. My contacts are definitely in my iCloud storage, so i did a factory reset on the iPhone 7 Plus, and installed a back-up from iCloud storage. Everything came back perfectly, except no contacts. Can't figure it out, so i may have to go to the Apple Store.:(

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Tried those, but no go. My contacts are definitely in my iCloud storage, so i did a factory reset on the iPhone 7 Plus, and installed a back-up from iCloud storage. Everything came back perfectly, except no contacts. Can't figure it out, so i may have to go to the Apple Store.:(

Are you using the latest iOS version, by chance?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

That definitely is frustrating. If you decide to go to your Apple Store I know that most of them are requiring reservations because of the pandemic so make sure and do that before you go. You could also contact Apple support online or through a phone call they might be able to help you figure this out with out you having to go to the Apple store.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes. 14.3

I had a similar situation a while back when I erased my uPhone and set it up as new. Everything synced back with the exception of my contacts. As soon as I enabled iCloud Drive, the contacts started appearing on the device. I assumed it was a fluke since I’ve never known contact information to be associated with the iCloud Drive.

If you don’t have it enabled on your iPhone, give it a try and see what happens.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Explain what you mean by “enabled”. The contacts are in my iCloud folder on my MacBook Pro, and in the iCloud folder on my iPhone.

Are the contacts in a single file? If so, can you import them into your Contacts folder in iCloud online? I was under the impression they were simply not syncing to your iPhone. My apologies for the misunderstanding.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
The contacts folder, it looks just like the contacts icon on the phone, is in iCloud Drive on my Mac and in the "other documents" folder of iCloud on my iPhone.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
The contacts are on the Mac and in the iPhone, but not in the "contacts" folder and not in the "phone" folder on the iPhone. When i tap on the contacts icon, or the phone icon, there is nothing there. I can't explain it any other way.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In your initial post you stated, “[FONT=&quot]However, my contacts were deleted when i deleted my gmail account, and i can't get them back on to my phone. They are still in my iCloud account”[/FONT]

For clarity, please login to iCloud via a web browser on your Mac and then select the Contacts option therein and verify that ALL of your contacts are present. The reason I’m asking you to do this is because the contacts, according to your previous reply, are indeed in your iCloud Drive and not in the general sync portion of iCloud where your Contacts, Calendars, Reminders & Photos are kept.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Just as a side note: I love the security that Apple brings to the table, however, learning this system after being on BlackBerry first and then Android, is a Mother!!! I Apologize if i offended anyone.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just as a side note: I love the security that Apple brings to the table, however, learning this system after being on BlackBerry first and then Android, is a Mother!!! I Apologize if i offended anyone.

Agreed. Speaking of Blackberry, I really miss those devices...;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox