Lost all contacts now won't sync

Zach7

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
So I updated via wifi to the most recent iOS update. Now a server error box popped up this morning and the contacts have now all disappeared. Using Yahoo. Thanks for any help!

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So I updated via wifi to the most recent iOS update. Now a server error box popped up this morning and the contacts have now all disappeared. Using Yahoo. Thanks for any help!

You can export you contacts from yahoo to you computer, then sync your contacts to your phone thru iTunes, then backup to iCloud so it doesn't happen again.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zach7

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
You can export you contacts from yahoo to you computer, then sync your contacts to your phone thru iTunes, then backup to iCloud so it doesn't happen again.

I wouldn't necessarily fully trust icloud either.. always keep a copy on your computer and any other devices you own to make sure you have them no matter what

Reactions: Zach7

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't necessarily fully trust icloud either.. always keep a copy on your computer and any other devices you own to make sure you have them no matter what

Yeah, keeping them on your computer is always smart, but I like how easily accessible iCloud is. I like being able to edit contacts, and calendar entries on my cloud, and just have it pushed to my phone.

Zach7

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

A little by of a process, but worth getting my contacts back. Any idea why the Yahoo server is not doing the contact sync anymore? Thanks for the help!

Zach7

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

I figured Yahoo would do a good wireless sync, one reason why i Switched from the Blackberry! But now I am just trying to figure out what happened to the server this morning that stopped my sync. It will get a bit tiresome to sync to by desktop for each contact addition or edit!

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

can you access your Yahoo contacts from your computer..

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I figured Yahoo would do a good wireless sync, one reason why i Switched from the Blackberry! But now I am just trying to figure out what happened to the server this morning that stopped my sync. It will get a bit tiresome to sync to by desktop for each contact addition or edit!

almost all wireless sync that I have ever come across has major bugs where you can duplicate contacts or completely lose your address book.. When syncing using a cable to one device IE my computer from way back in the pocket pc days I have never had issues with contact problems... its your choice but wireless sync is still not perfect enough for the most important information on my phone.

There is one exception to me and that was android with google gmail seems to work perfect.

Last edited:

zee921

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to me last night. Frustrating!

I had my contacts in a gmail account too, so I was able to get most of them back, but now I have to go through them and combine and edit most of them.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Under Mail, Contacts, Calendar then your Yahoo account, did you try turning sync off then back on? Maybe that will un-stick things.

Zach7

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Also should mention spent hours on the phone with Apple support, upper tier etc and no resolution. Sounds like it is a Yahoo Server problem with the updated iOS. Reason many are not having problems is either they don't use Yahoo or they have it also sync'd to the icloud. But if you go under contact lists on one that is sync'd to the icloud the Yahoo contact list doesn't show anymore. Pretty sweet!

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I did this as well as totally remove the account and re-add it. No Luck!

Did you get your contacts on your computer, and try to sync them to your phone that way. It's really not all that much of a process.

Zach7

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Did you get your contacts on your computer, and try to sync them to your phone that way. It's really not all that much of a process.

I haven't tried that because I will still not be able to sync updates or edits back to my Yahoo account. Very frustrating, but Yahoo said they are looking into it!

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried that because I will still not be able to sync updates or edits back to my Yahoo account. Very frustrating, but Yahoo said they are looking into it!

I wonder if this is also related to Yahoo's problems with syncing with Blackberry's... I know my wife's 9800 has had Calendar sync issues for months now and it still has not been resolved..

Maybe it's time to swap over to gmail/Google?

Zach7

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
What a great amazing interaction I had with Yahoo! I contacted them via Twitter and then went thru the problems with their staff. Within 1 day the problem was resolved! What great service from Yahoo! :) :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1